• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce questions

eeyore357

Well I finally got a Deuce!! I LOVE IT!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTSYlUTgmm8
Please excuse the following "newb" questions I'm still learning and reading and reading and reading.... I haven't had any time to do anything but drive it home either.
The guy I bought it from told me it was a 1975 but I found 1961 eched into the frame behind the front left tire. Is it a 1961 or is that some other number?
The horn and gauge lights (except the headlight indicator) don't work. Could they be a related issues? I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram yet.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the purchase.

Might be a good time to brush up on your story about why you are driving a Deuce and videotaping at the same time if you have an accident. I can't hear my phone and I sure as heck can't text in a moving Deuce but I wouldn't video while driving either (unless off-road and away from others). It takes too much attention.

eeyore357

Thanks! My plans were to bob it since it didn't have a bed but after I gave the guy the money for it he said he had some extra stuff in the garage. It turned out to be bows, headach rack, fiberglass troop seats, and vinyl canvas. So now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it... A new steering wheel would be nice. Thank you for the diagram! I'm about to check it out. Yes I know how to operate the switch.

eeyore357

I'll prob start looking for a bed in a few weeks. After looking at the wiring diag. it doesn't look like both issues would be connected. I'll have to tear into it on my off day and see if i can figure out whats going on.

eeyore357

I haven't had time to really check on the horn or dash lights yet. I haven't been able to find a bed yet either. But I was able to find some free time and get my new locking door handles from caliber1 installed.
20130303_101931.jpg

charlietango

driving a Deuce and videotaping at the same time if you have an accident. I can't hear my phone and I sure as heck can't text in a moving Deuce but I wouldn't video while driving either (unless off-road and away from others). It takes too much attention.
Which is why I have a go-pro I can mount anywhere. Keep your hands on the wheel, and thumbs out! When those steering wheels grab, they freaking grab and you better be holding on lol. (thumbs out, can you guess why?)

eeyore357

Which is why I have a go-pro I can mount anywhere. Keep your hands on the wheel, and thumbs out! When those steering wheels grab, they freaking grab and you better be holding on lol. (thumbs out, can you guess why?)
A GoPro has been on the want list for a while. I have raced circle track for about four years, I know all too well why you keep your thumbs out. :)

eeyore357

Going to get my insurance straight today (guy I bought the Deuce from said it was a 75) and a tag. I haven't been able to find a clear answer in the past few hours about the mfg. I looked up the CAGE code and got JEEP CORP SUB OF AMERICAN MOTORS CORP. Is it a Kaiser Jeep or AM General? I found both listed for 1971 on google.
Organization:
175TH MAINTENANCE CO

SC

Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T
Model:
M35A2
NSN:
Serial Number:
Registration Number:
4D46271
Year of Mfg:
Manufacturer:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to get my insurance straight today (guy I bought the Deuce from said it was a 75) and a tag. I haven't been able to find a clear answer in the past few hours about the mfg. I looked up the CAGE code and got JEEP CORP SUB OF AMERICAN MOTORS CORP. Is it a Kaiser Jeep or AM General? I found both listed for 1971 on google.
Organization:
175TH MAINTENANCE CO
SC

Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T
Model:
M35A2
NSN:
Serial Number:
Registration Number:
4D46271
Year of Mfg:
Manufacturer:
Read this article by David Doyle ; Deciphering the codes: Kaiser-Jeep and AM ... - Military Trader

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
Alot of them had a born on date in the 60s but when ever the goverment did a complete overhaul they would ofton change the date to the lastest mwo. Ive had gas trucks that have been updated to turbo trucks. We stock the tm -20 that has the wiring diagrm in it. Give us a call at 302-736-1790 or check the web site at tnjmurray.com. Thanks john

dangeroustyz

My horn didnt work when i got my deuce. I took off the button and the wire that was attached had broke. I pushed the wire up from outside the vehicle where the steering column goes thru firewall. Reattached wire and its good to go.

eeyore357

My horn didnt work when i got my deuce. I took off the button and the wire that was attached had broke. I pushed the wire up from outside the vehicle where the steering column goes thru firewall. Reattached wire and its good to go.
Thanks! I will check that first, if I ever get any free time. Night shift, six days a week, twelve hours a day, doesn't leave much time for anything. I may have found a bed for the deuce. It's a little more than I had expected to pay. But it's not 1000 miles away and comes with cargo cover, bows, ect.... So I have another "newb" question. How does the bed bolt to the frame? I have some bolts with springs that I assume is what I need.? But we know what assuming does. I looked in the TMs and searched for a picture of how they go with no luck. If anyone has a picture handy I would appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks