• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce questions

eeyore357

Thank you for the offer! I am driving from Gardendale to Huntsville everyday so I doubt I'll be heading down that way anytime soon. But on the other hand. I could check it out and keep heading South until I see the beach... That would be great... I can have dreams can't I? :-D

zak

The axle's are usually date stamped near the center, it may be another clue to it year of manufacture

Last edited:

thj327

Offer is always open. When you get ready then. If you happen to come across another cargo cover let me know. Mined is not in the greatest shape

eeyore357

Got the fiberglass troop seats put on today. I'm going to have to get new wood for the bows so I can put the cargo cover on. I also discovered two brake fluid leaks.. YAH.. I haven't really looked but I would be willing to bet new wheel cylinders are in my future from the reading I've done.
20130316_111326.jpg20130316_134258.jpg

midevilduece

you know that rebuilding the wheel cylinders is fairly easy and super cheap. I got the rebuild kits for $5.75 eaach from eriksmilitarysurplus.com.Couple of rubber boots some springs and Viola. I think that new wheel cylinders for the Duece were only 28 bucks from the same place. But rebuilding is cheap and effective..

welldigger

you know that rebuilding the wheel cylinders is fairly easy and super cheap. I got the rebuild kits for $5.75 eaach from eriksmilitarysurplus.com.Couple of rubber boots some springs and Viola. I think that new wheel cylinders for the Duece were only 28 bucks from the same place. But rebuilding is cheap and effective..
Right until you discover the bore diameter of your wheel cylinder is bigger than the ones the rebuild kit is made for. Tho this seems to be an uncommon problem. The wheel cylinders that Erik's sells and I believe the ones Napa sells work with the rebuild kits available at Erik's.

eeyore357

Well I finally got some free time and started working on the Deuce again. I replaced the vertical wood on the bows and got the bed cover on. Got a bridge weight plate on. I started taking the steering wheel off to replace it with a new one. I backed the nut off and placed a piece of metal on the nut for the puller(not mil) to push on because I know how important it is not to mess the threads up. Well instead of the steering wheel pulling off, the nut pushed on and made the threads disappear(if it wasn't for bad luck...)... Do I have to buy a whole column with box? 20130727_195253.jpg

eeyore357

Does anyone know if these threads look like they can be repaired with a die set? I've never used one but I bet it would be easier than replacing the steering column... Also does anyone know where I can find a m35 steering wheel puller? 20130729_143652.jpg20130729_143704.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks