• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce re-power with Cummins 8.3 from 931A2

gametender

When i do my deuce i would like to put the 8.3 in it and have the fuel pump turned up. I also want to install the power steering and find which transmission will work. If I build it I want to build it right since I will be driving it all the time =D

rustystud

Finding a good, reasonably priced transmission will be the trick here I think. Engines can be swapped from almost anything. Getting the drivetrain right is where it gets sticky ! Since we have to use our transfer cases ( a civilian model one would be horribly priced ! ) and I not a fan of driveline shorting and lengthening ( costs a lot of money ! ) that leaves us with the small space that the 3053 lives in.

jrobinson5093

I think the five speed spicer would be nice also. It would be real nice if used with a air actuator to control the high low function of the transfer case. The 8.3 should make enough power that the big difference in rpms from 3 to 4 would be so bad.