• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce rear suspenstion pics

landfillman

I may have found a Deuce for scrap price, THe rear is mangled from an attack by a grapple i nthe log woods where it broke down. THey robbed the rear axle and parts of the suspension and it has no bed just a worn 5th wheel. I m thinking about making my first Deuce a bobber for now. It looks like singles on the rear dished in but they look to be even with the front axle.

I have the opor tunit to get it for .05 cent a pound. I know another man that may take it if I dont. Im thinking its a walking beam set up but I dont remeber looking what little Ive been arond them.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, they'd sell you the Deuce remains for about $500 (guess it still weighs about 10,000 lbs).
You have damage in the rear that may or may not be frame damage.
You can bob the truck and not worry about a second rear axle.

However, the truck broke down in the woods during logging operations. You still have to fix whatever caused it to break down. No use putting the work and money for bobbing it into the truck if you have a blown engine...

Logging uses up trucks. They are worked hard, usually overloaded on rough terrain, until they are broken.

I personally would not take a broken down logging truck and make it my first Deuce.

landfillman

Im not worried about the the motor it runs tip top. Transmission hung in between 2 gears. It was blocking the road so a the skidder pinched the rear rails. moving it from the road. It was used to shuffle trailers. We flat land log here no big loads or many hills. The cab is in good shape solid no rot. THe reason I want it is if its too much I can use parts.

I figure tires are worth What im giving for it. I also got the take off bed for it.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changing out the transmission is no big deal. I would check the frame carefully. It sounds like it is definitely worth the price if you intend to bob it anywhay and you can part it our for a lot more than you're paying for it if the bob doesn't work out.

stancanpara

5 cents a pound sounds like a pretty good deal!!! Whatever the damage, even if it turned out to be a parts truck... I wouldn't have hesitated, I'd have whipped out the check book before he changed his mind ... is scrap down to 5 cents? Not too long ago it was over 250 a ton or 12.5 cents a pound.... That's good news for old trucks that way 13000 lbs... ;-)

landfillman

THe scrappers here give 5 cent pound on big things. My friend says he cant come out on cutting it up either. THats the big thing with scrappers here many arent proficient with a torch. By the time they cut and run through 2 bottles and have to deal with tires and such they cant come out. I have a friend that sees someone torching a tractor or earth mover or anything usefule and burning the tires he videos it and sends it to DEQ . GOt everyone nervous.

Im a little short on cash now THis time of year I have loads of money tied up in my farming now and other projects at the moment. I ve got some tin i need to send to china I may come up with it. If I cant get it I ll help rehome it.

THe frame is bent a little but I think i can straighten it with floor chain downs we just did a Mack last week .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks