• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Receiver Hitch & Singles

jayjetseck

really cool singled out ride!! ive got a guy welding up rims for me at 200 each , thought that was fair? ??? hes telling me 46" tires will rub each other but from what i read here it shouldnt ? rims are 20"x 10" and going on 1970 jeep duece !! my first buil have a blast!any tips would be appreciated

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flea said:
Look for stretch's setup. He's got a 10" (?) drop hitch as described, and has pulled more than one or two heavy loads with it.
Don't remember it mine's 10 or 12 in drop, it's rated at 10,000 lbs. Most I've pulled is 7-8,000.

The hitch is a modified junkyard special. Had to narrow it to fit, don't know what it was on before.

Link to my thread on hitch

Dennis

Attachments

67Cougar

I need to add one too. I still have not driven my Deuce down from Utah yet. I'm waiting till it cools down a little bit in the phoenix and Tucson area. Then I will get to experience a 850+ mile trip. Wish me luck.

Farmun

Gots my hitch installed yesterday. (I know, pics will come later!) I didn't really need the maximum heavy duty stuff, so I went with a Reese TowPro (#37096), rated at 500 lb. tongue and 5,000 lb. trailer. Got it from Wally-World for about $130 + tax. Should be good enough to pull the boat and any of our trailers. Will have to get the trailer light issue worked out before long.

Tackettr

Farmun, I'm going to go with something similar soon to pull my 16' utility trailer. My plan for the lights will be to convert the trailer to LEDs. I just picked up a set of LEDs from Harbor Freight for like $35. Although they are marked 12V they also work on 24V. I have confirmed this. They don't burn out or even get brighter. I will use a milt trailer plug and solder an standard flat 4-pole plug to it. Hope this helps your light issue.

Kevin

M1075

Farmun, I'm going to go with something similar soon to pull my 16' utility trailer. My plan for the lights will be to convert the trailer to LEDs. I just picked up a set of LEDs from Harbor Freight for like $35. Although they are marked 12V they also work on 24V. I have confirmed this. They don't burn out or even get brighter. I will use a milt trailer plug and solder an standard flat 4-pole plug to it. Hope this helps your light issue.

Kevin
Oh no, the dreaded HF! Get your tin foil hat ready! :tin hat:

airmech3839

Class???

I wanted to add a receiver hitch to the deuce. With a careful search of the past threads here, I settled on ordering a Curt 14082 hitch from J.C.Whitley. I think it was about $150 delivered (in 2 days). The hitch was very easy to install with no modifications needed. The hitch was designed for pickups with 34" frames (typically cab & chassis) and all I had to do was cut some holes in the frame with the plasma cutter. I was too lazy to drill them. I think the hitch looks great and is tucked up out of the way. I have a 10" adjustable drop mount used to get the ball lower when needed. If you want to add a receiver hitch to your deuce or 5 ton, I can't imagine an easier install.

I also added some super singles I purchased off the internet. These were almost new 2 piece beadlock rims with the Michilen XL 15.5/80R20 tires mounted on them. I paid $1000 for the set and they were a direct bolt on. I haven't flipped the hubs yet, but the rears track fairly close to the fronts with the rims flipped instead. A little black to cover up the red paint and I am all set. This truck runs great with the LDS engine in it.

I looked up that number and only found one that matched ....it is a Class III/IV.....Is there a Class V that bolts the same?

Just wanna have the beefy one on just in case I wanna haul a house or something later...dont want the hitch to be a factor in towing...I would rather the weight of load and stopping power of truck to push decessions...

tm america

it is 1/2 plate for the back plate sides are frame rails from a ford f6 the reciever tube and cross tube are 2 1/2 inch 1/4 wall tubing there are 14 grade 8 1/2 inch bolts holding it on 5 down each frame rail and four across the back frame brace