• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce recovery- Phili to Jax emergency support

flyusn99

Hello Everyone,
Well, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. My October win from auction 4737 is almost ready to come home. I had it moved over to Eastern Surplus in Philadelphia to get inspected/upgraded and painted and I will be hopefully going to pick it up this coming Friday.
I'll be traveling down I-95 all the way from Philadelphia to Jacksonville, Florida and was hoping I might get contact info for any members along the route who might allow me to contact them if anything goes wrong. I'm crossing my fingers that everything holds together for the trip but I would feel better if I had some numbers in my pocket to call if things don't go my way. I will gladly repay any assistance with cash/adult beverages or whatever the prefered method of barter turns out to be.
I'll post pictures of the truck as soon as I can. Thank you in advance for any forth-coming support...

James

velociT

Good luck with the drive.

One way or the other it will be story to tell....

PS. Remember tire pressure, mine were all at 15psi but didn't look low.

Green_gator

I will be in the Jax area on Feb 7 & 8 if you need some help at the end of your trip and the timing works. Will PM you my contact information.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you miss your exit, I'm in WPB. LOL

:doh: . . . . . . . . :funny:

rofl

I've heard of "not being able to find your way home.... but..... LOL

Some folks get addicted :jumpin: to driving :driver: their MV's that they CAN'T find their way anywhere:roll:

I'll plead the Fifth here.... I decline comment on the grounds that it will most certainly incriminate myself AND my associates.

flyusn99

Thanks guys,
JWaller, I'll keep your number handy. Hopefully I won't miss my exit on the way back. I've only driven across the country about 15 times so the directions aren't what I'm worried about. Mechanical hob-gobblins on the other hand.... Well, fingers crossed.
Since I'm flying up I'm somewhat limited on the tools I can drag along. ll the fluids and other extras I'll have to get once I get up there....
Thanks again for the support group, definately makes for some good piece of mind.

James

A059FMJ5.56MM

The trip

So how did it go? were you happy with the service EASTERN SURPLUS gave you? They are a few hours from me and i am thinking of having them do some work on my vehicle any thoughts?

bassetdeuce

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah , me and a friend can tell you about the Duece, the work done , etc. - well need a few beers and a whole night for the story ha ha. - Jay

-Im thinking of going up there also to look at a truck-

A059FMJ5.56MM

Great story

Sounds like you all did good work, that was a nice read. People helping just cause they can. Tool kits and part know how, thats not me. logistics and parts i can do that. Sounds like Dave was stand up about the whole event and that is good to know. If i drop coin with someone i want to know its a smart move, service after the sale someone mentioned in the thread is very important.

Thanks for the read

Any thoughts on the fuel and oil spinners? and the super single tires are these worth changing up to?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks