• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce registration/insurance in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcentralPA

Hello to all! Ive been considering buying a deuce and having it registered with regular plates in PA. Id like to haul things in the bed, and use it at night. These two things keep me from getting a classic/antique tag. My question is, what does it cost to register it, with regular tags, in PA, and what sort of insurance policy do I need? Also, what sort of inspections are these trucks subject to, and what are their costs. Next, are the applicable to emissions of any type? Im in York county. I hope ive put this in the appropriate place. Thanks!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you are in York County, my suggestion is to send a PM to ECOSTRUCTION. He isn't on as much anymore but he does come on here.

He lives in York. I bought my truck (which was my truck before it became his truck, before it became GL's truck, before it became DRMO's truck, before I turned it over to the property book office, back in my weekend warrior days) from ECOSTRUCTION. Last I saw, he still had one other truck that was in my unit from then.

Jake (ECOSTRUCTION) can give you all the stuff you need to know.

TKRESS1

Call Mar-Bar and ask them about the inspection on the truck 717-633-6412. They will be able to answer your questions. I live in Hanover give me a call if you have any questions for me 717-577-6201.

gunboy1656

Registration will depend on how much you want it to weigh, I had mine set to 17,000 pounds (13860 just truck) and that was 340 a year. Then I decided to get antique plates as I would not be hauling as much as I thought.

This is off the DMV website http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/mv_forms/mv-70s.pdf

There is nothing that says you cant drive antique at night, if there is I never found it. As for inspections, it is pretty much the same as a regular vehicle only bigger, the couple stations I took mine to would not touch them as they could not see the brakes through the inspection window, or so they told me. Plus one didn't have the tools anymore for large trucks.

Last edited:

rken302

The Pa DOT is very hard to deal with, one person will tell you one thing then the next will tell you some thing totally different then make you fill out more forms aua. I have spent days at the Harrisburg office getting the runaround. so I found a title service in Delta Pa who did the title and tags all done on the road in less then an hour. She knows what she is doing had no problems after that. If you need her number send me a pm and I will give you. It was a 45 minute ride for me to get to her office but well worth it to get it done without any hassle.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Melodys tag and title in Delta,Pa.I was just there yesterday she titles all my mvs and trucks. 717-456-6058

shenkmen

I used B & E notary in Brownstown 7 days ago. No problems. Antique plates received in three days. Make sure you have PA DOT form MV-41 filled out if you have an out of state title.

Since it is registered as an antique inspection and emission tests/stickers are not required and no annual registration ever again. Insurance through State farm is $75 a year for me.

Locations,Hours&Phone #'s - B & E NOTARY, INC.

Last edited:

Akicita

I have my Deuce registered with regular truck tags here in PA. I think class 8 was around $650. Since I don't haul anything heavy, I registered mine as a class 6 for about $320.

My truck is insured by State Farm. I had to take a commercial policy because of the weight rating of the Deuce even though I do not use my truck for any commercial purpose. The rate depends on your driving record, where the truck is located, your usual driving range, etc. I'm close to Philadelphia, and I probably pay more than you have to in York Co.

Ask some of the other owners in York Co. where they have their trucks inspected. There is a truck shop only a few miles from here but I don't think they know anything about the Deuce. So, I'll drive a bit farther to a place that services the Deuce of one of my buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks