• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce removeable hitch

Recht71

Here is a picture of a custom hitch a friend built for my truck. Since our trucks are mainly for show, I wanted a hitch that I could haul my flatbed with the M37 and when I arrive it takes about 45 seconds to remove the hitch. Therefore, I can remove the hitch while the truck is being shown.

We are having problems uploading the pictures. Will continue to try.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would suggest relocating the safety chains from the loop around the hitch to the tie down rings of the truck. If there was a failure, depending on where it broke, they might not do any good. Otherwise it looks pretty good and well thought out. Thanks for sharing.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat idea. Looks good and since no one has said it, you have a good looking fleet.

sw

Recht71

SW Thanks there's alot of hours in those trucks .I'm now restoring my 151A1 it will be ready this summer. All these trucks have the same hood and bumper #'s that we had in Vietnam 1970-71 Dco 815th Engineers.

wehring

hitch

Very nicely done. Will you please add a pic or two of the outside of the frame at the upper connecting point. Did you drill in the center of the four rivets?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

tm america

nice job i have been planning on doing one very similar to that for my truck as the fixed hitch i have on there now gets me stuck when off road:roll:i was thinkin you could easily make it height adjustable that way to

Recht71

Justin There are steel blocks holes drilled for the pins which are 3/4 grade 8 . The blocks are welded too the frame. Pull the clip pins ,pull the pins swimgs down lift the pintal and lifts out.

emr

Absolutly the nicest and most useful fabrication in my opinion done on this site and to any of our trucks, Super nice job, And way to go on keeping Your trucks In what I believe all these trucks are, true to what they are and represent and to the History of the greatest nation on earth, You have done an outstanding job on those trucks...Wow Your trucks are awesome...:-D...randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks