• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

RAYZER

I soon will be ready to start plumbing the airlines to the airline stand and trolly brake.to have all the right parts,i still need to aquire a shuttte valve with pressure switch ,and a protection valve as seen on the m275 air line system scematic in the back of the deuce manual, also need the wireing plug with the wires that plugs into the bottom of the air line stand. any one have these items and want to part with them for a price? let me know what it will take.
maccus: how did you address this airline plumbing on your conversion?

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I followed the air diagram in the manual pretty much. . And in the cab for the air input for the trolly brake lever I put a connector on the cab air valve under the right side of the dash, That way I could shut off the air if I wanted to. Contact Boyce in Salt Lake he has the whole trolly setup NOS in a box. So he might have the shuttle valve to sell,. And if I remember it was very reasonably priced.

Boyce Equipment Axles and Military Parts

Trivia........picture of a M48 LWB gasser from an old manual, To the best of my knowledge the M48s were only built in the very early 50s..........maybe 50-53. hndrsonj is the only person that any body knows of that has an original M48. David Doyle said that he has never seen one so that tells you how rare they are.

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trivia........picture of a M48 LWB gasser from an old manual, To the best of my knowledge the M48s were only built in the very early 50s..........maybe 50-53. hndrsonj is the only person that any body knows of that has an original M48. David Doyle said that he has never seen one so that tells you how rare they are.
Actually, I have the 51 M48 from GA that Clinto and I recovered. But remember the rust free gasser cab I got dropped in WI from the guy in MT? He cut up a M48w/w to deliver me a gasser cab. I had no idea it was a M48 till the "parts" were dropped off.aua
Ser # was M17159 and year was never checked.

RAYZER

Actually, I have the 51 M48 from GA that Clinto and I recovered. But remember the rust free gasser cab I got dropped in WI from the guy in MT? He cut up a M48w/w to deliver me a gasser cab. I had no idea it was a M48 till the "parts" were dropped off.aua
Ser # was M17159 and year was never checked.
That makes me want to cry.:sad:

indy4x4fab

Banned
I've been thinking of buying a deuce after I get the m818 all finished up and taking my fifth wheel off and putting it on a deuce and cutting the deuce bed down to fit on to the rear frame of the 818. I love the look of the deuce tractor but, probably would just sell the deuce when it was all said and done. I got this crazy thought of putting a 109 box on the back of a 915, for the wife to drive to the rallys.

RAYZER

A m109 box on a 915 would be perfect,after all,a 109 boxed truck sees less off road activity because of its height ,no need for 6x6 imo.
I look foward to unhooking from the m146 at the rally and going trail riding with the tractor.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A m109 box on a 915 would be perfect,after all,a 109 boxed truck sees less off road activity because of its height ,no need for 6x6 imo.
Maybe where you are, our 109 sees loads of off-road . . . and uses 6x often. We don't have all those trees, so the height is not a prob ;)

135gmc

You did a very nice job. It looks 100%

Maccus mentioned Jack Tomlin. It was too bad when his cancer finally finished him off - he was always ready to help someone with a problem or a question.

RAYZER

Maybe where you are, our 109 sees loads of off-road . . . and uses 6x often. We don't have all those trees, so the height is not a prob ;)
You are right sir! I should have put in a disclaimer!
I have always enjoyed reading your threads,you have some cool equipment and seem to experience alot of high adventure in the desert!
I have never been out west but hope to take a road trip out there one day. maybe pulling my m146 trailer!!z

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right sir! I should have put in a disclaimer!
I have always enjoyed reading your threads,you have some cool equipment and seem to experience alot of high adventure in the desert!
I have never been out west but hope to take a road trip out there one day. maybe pulling my m146 trailer!!z
Thanks!

When you do, we'll be happy to take you out for some "adventuring". :wink:
I'll also be happy to help you w/ a route that's not just the Interstates from there to here.

Watching your build . . . we have three of those 146's waiting for me to start on them. They're going a slightly dif direction, going to be artists' studios (one mine) that can be relocated. Mine will def be able to travel in short order ;)
Think I'm going to go the "dolly" route.

Nice work :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks