• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

indy4x4fab

Banned
Looking good, thanks for doing the step by step pictures as you paint, it's showing some of us guys (like my self) that slowing down and taking the time to pull as many parts off before we just start spraying paint, as well as showing use steps to taking the hays out of the gauges instead of just buying new ones, cost effective ideas, to help save us all a little bit of money and also still the hours and mile right on. Thanks for taking the time to take so many pictures.

RAYZER

Indy. This truck will be dedicated to pull my m146 Rv Conversion, i see in your Sig that you have a "m129 super camper", can you post a pic or a link to a thread for this?

indy4x4fab

Banned
Probably won't start a tread just yet but soon, but here's a few pics. And yes I did my mat and I can run super singles 16r20s on trailer and still be a hole foot under the mad d.o.t. height. Should make for a very cool on of a kind trailer. The axle spacing is the same as 5 ton truck rear axles, so no tire rub issues hopefully.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Give me a call if you need help. I pull the metal plate off the M246 to find that the fifth wheel was cut from the base plate. So now i am looking another part
Seems never ending sometimes, ONE thing leads to another then to another then to another

indy4x4fab

Banned
He!! once you start laying out the bed and living space, and a shower stove sink water heater, and counter top, the space is gone. I'll post up a picture of the floor plan in a little bit, when I take lunch.

m129

outside
l- 28' 8.25''
w- 8'
h- 11' 7 3/8''

inside

l- 28' 1.5''
w- 7' 4.5''
h- 6' 5.5''

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Heck I only have 6 ft. and 120 lug nuts more then you.:beer:
Think your count is off a bit, with a 2 axle trailer you would have ONLY 40 more lug nuts then a single axle, not sure how you got the 120 count, as a 2 axle with duels has 80 lugs/nuts, single duel axle is a total of 40

RAYZER

Spent some time today working on getting some of the interior back together,notice the data plates,they had heavy overspray on them before i used paint and varnish remover in a can on them,they cleaned up nicely with no damage to the original finish,also notice the m275 data plate that Recovery 4x4 sent to me a while back, Thanks Kenny!! Now this tractor is a m275 wanabee!
:grd:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your tractor looks sweet Ray, How did you end up with a cab heater..? I have been to lazy to install mine, been busy with some legal ****. Tell Brenda hello for me. Peace out..!

RAYZER

Your tractor looks sweet Ray, How did you end up with a cab heater..? I have been to lazy to install mine, been busy with some legal ****. Tell Brenda hello for me. Peace out..!
Thanks Don! I got lucky with the cab heater hu? It looks like a bit of work to install one,have fun with that! Laziness don't help.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks