• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Roadside help needed near London, Kentucky 3/31/09

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrobb and Oilcan are about 160 miles from home, but are broken down. Reportedly have a front wheel bearing exploded?!?! They are at exit 38, Northbound Interstate 75, near London, KY.

If anyone is nearby, and can help, please pm or email me. They will need inner and outer wheel bearings, seals, grease, brake cleaner, maybe brake drum for M35.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update

Text 7:20 am, JWC is headed their way to help.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, I was half-asleep when I wrote the original post - thinking a little more clearly now.

I have a few hours this morning to donate. I believe I have all the parts required that I can quickly pull off of my stuff. However, I probably will only be able to get the needed parts as far south as Lexington before my time window closes and I have to get back to life commitments.

Can anyone meet me around Lexington, and relay the parts south to London?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the used parts separated from the parts truck, but they have found a local source for a new commercial replacement bearing (with help from tbanks and kipman?) They are going to try replacing the bearing only, and get it home.

Update: Just received the following text msg from gimp: "On the road again"

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great to hear! I'm looking forward to a very long trip report with ton of PICS!!!

TaylorTradingCo

Hooray!

I know they must be exhausted. That was not a fun trip. I hate that they didn't come close enough to me to help them out. It sounds like they would have been better off to trade their whole truck in for another to drive home.

Derek Taylor

oilcan

At one point, gimp was ready to trade it for a small scooter. Think of that scene from "Dumb and Dumber"...

Both wheel bearings and races were trashed, but only the inner came apart. It made for some funny steering issues. Poor gimp has some work ahead of him with that truck, I'm afraid. On the plus side, it's not that hard to do. Just a little time consuming.
Time to schedule another wrenching party.

Thanks for all the help, and offers to help, y'all!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks