• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Roofs?

69DeuceJuice

I have a m35a2 with a shotty homemade roof on it and I’m looking at buying a different roof that’s original. It’s off a newer 5ton truck will it still fit my truck? Black truck is mine.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How can I tell the difference.
Your Deuce cab measures 70 at the back and 63 at the windshield . A 900 series hardtop will be wayyy out of those measurements and around 10 inches too wide at the windshield.

With a grain of salt (verify!) the number on the hard top should be NSN 2540-01-096-5023

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why dont you look at the Data Plate?
I agree, however I have seen here that a couple members bought hardtops that had what appeared to be the correct data plate (stating 2.5 ton and 5 ton) but ended up being hardtops that were too large (not sure what they were for, 900 series or early LMTV air drop variants, no idea), so I suggested that measuring might help avoid unpleasant surprises.

DaneGer21

I agree, however I have seen here that a couple members bought hardtops that had what appeared to be the correct data plate (stating 2.5 ton and 5 ton) but ended up being hardtops that were too large (not sure what they were for, 900 series or early LMTV air drop variants, no idea), so I suggested that measuring might help avoid unpleasant surprises.
Now you have me nervous HAHA mine is still in the garage waiting to be installed. I may have to measure this evening HAHA

DaneGer21

Now you have me nervous HAHA mine is still in the garage waiting to be installed. I may have to measure this evening HAHA

Well bummer, woke up this morning and finally put a tape measure on mine. Guess what?!? It’s to big/long…by about 10”, the width is correct.

So the data plate is correct, so either someone swapped that, or who knows. Anyways; this really sucks for me, I’m out some cash for sure…

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well bummer, woke up this morning and finally put a tape measure on mine. Guess what?!? It’s to big/long…by about 10”, the width is correct.

So the data plate is correct, so either someone swapped that, or who knows. Anyways; this really sucks for me, I’m out some cash for sure…
Oh no!!

However, people are always looking for hardtops. Maybe you can identify what yours is for and sell it. There definitely is a market.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

DaneGer21

Oh no!!

However, people are always looking for hardtops. Maybe you can identify what yours is for and sell it. There definitely is a market.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
After some googling here’s what I’ve found…

Pic one is from Eastern, the large number “MFR-5U403” matches mine. But the ordinance number does NOT. It is listed for an m35a2(plus others)

Pic two is from Oshkosh, although they don’t show a picture of the tag, what they have listed as the “Military Part Number - 12256227” DOES match my ordinance number. They have it listed for a m939 5ton.

So it looks like mine is in fact for a 5ton. So either I modify this one, or sell it and hope to find another…bummer

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After some googling here’s what I’ve found…

Pic one is from Eastern, the large number “MFR-5U403” matches mine. But the ordinance number does NOT. It is listed for an m35a2(plus others)

Pic two is from Oshkosh, although they don’t show a picture of the tag, what they have listed as the “Military Part Number - 12256227” DOES match my ordinance number. They have it listed for a m939 5ton.

So it looks like mine is in fact for a 5ton. So either I modify this one, or sell it and hope to find another…bummer
The second one posted is 'worth' a lot more because not as many were made. If you can find someone who is looking for the larger one and has the smaller one, you could swap. Thus you would be spared the expense (time and money) of modifying the one you have. Just a thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks