• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Seating Position

abh3

At the risk of making some 'purists' mad I feel like my A3 seat is WAY more comfortable than the A2. Maybe it's back a little further, maybe it's the PS so there's no beating my left elbow against the door (bursitis is a bitch, especially when pounded on repeatedly turning an A2 around in the woods!), might be the lack of clutching makes a difference... I'd thought about an air-ride seat in the A2 but all the ones I see are way too big out of semi cabs w/ a lot more room.

We've seen plenty of crew-cab Deuce builds, how about a club-cab? 10" of metal behind the rear door post would make a big difference for those of us who, through poor planning and too much Captain Crunch, find themselves overly tall for our favorite truck...

PowerstrokeNC

I am 6'4" and have the same issue, when I sit up straight, I am looking straight into the hardtop and the top frame of the windshield. So a little slouching and then I crane my neck down to see the green light when sitting front row, or else its totally blocked.
The deuce is a dream though compared to the planes I fly on....:beer:

plym49

Hey Plym, Did you say size 14E on the foot size? They ain't feet, They are skies, might even be good for water skieing. Awfull hard for trucking. We had a couple Abnormaly sized wanna be drivers for the guntruck Satan's lil Abngel when we built it and we changed the steering wheel to one from an 816. It worked pretty well. Even Lt (6'5" somthing) could get his lanky a-- behind the steering wheel. We also retained the spring seat padding so regular sized drivers could drive with out rupturing any disks in our back. I also didn't loose my auto steering lock. Of course, I could hold the wheel off a 151 with my belly so maybe I would not be a good example.
14E? Heck, those are ballerina slippers. My feet are size 16 EEEE.

phil2968

I don't have a problem am I'm 6'4" with a prosthetic left leg. I weigh 250 lbs. It ain't the most comfortable truck on the road but it is a Deuce and I overlook it. I do have to have the door handle angled to the rear for my knee to get on and off the clutch pedal. When I jumped in Rayzers deuce on the way to the Ga Rally last year, I needed a screwdriver to relocate the door handle so I could drive it. Wonder if he ever put it back?
I just did nearly 800 miles nostop last month in my M109, my butt was sore! I would love a better sitting seat. There have been folks that cut and shortend their steering columns. Also a 5 ton has a smaller steering wheel but may be harder to steer if put in a deuce.
I hope we find solutions to our seating issues! :p

Last edited:
Deuce seats

lam 6' 4" and i had a **** of a time with the seat bottoming out so i took a inch and a half sewer inflatable plug and inserted in coil spring and put some air to it and it doesn't bottom out no more. i hated the wood block underneath the seat! now if i could get a thinner backrest lol

treeguy

I'm not as giant as you guys, but I also disliked the thickness of the back rest. I removed the canvas cover and sliced the backrest foam like bread to make it thinner and then reinstalled. I like it a lot better now.

phil2968

I also found that apon hitting a bump, my backrest adjuster lever would get caught behind the cab support and prevent the seat from going back to the top! I don't use that lever so it fell prey to the sawzall blade!:p
It bothers me no more!