• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce sheet metal thickness

ah1955

With the weather breaking soon (I hope) will be starting to do some body work on my deuce and was wondering if anyone would know what gauge sheet metal would be best to use to weld into the rocker panal area and the bottom of the door.
I could just gauge what is used from new and match but I thought I saw a post a while ago from someone who rebuilt there rocker panals(could not find what I was thinking about) Would like any suggestions about metal gauges what would be easy to work yet would match up and hold up.
I'm planning to weld in my replacment panals, so would crimp to off set the end of replacment and try to get a butt weld that could be ground flush and feathered out.
Thanks for any help and ideas.

acetomatoco

Just measure the thickness of the original with a 0-1 micrometer and buy some stock of the same thickness... I wouldn't bother trying to make it too pretty, cuz it would not emulate the real thing... take a look at some trucks as repaired by the Military while the trucks were in service...But, in the end, you only have to please yourself. ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks