• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce shift pattern

Jimmy

I am not trying to be too stupid but I was looking at the different ignition locks and noticed the shift pattern on the data plate. I have never seen one like that before, what transmission uses this pattern?

Attachments

JDToumanian

Most "big truck" transmissions with overdrive have that type of shift pattern, it's just how they're set up internally. A trucker friend of mine said it makes it easy to tell if the transmission has OD or not... OD is always in the upper right, direct drive is always in the lower right...

Jon

acetomatoco

Remember that half a million CCKW and DUKW had an overdrive Clark tranny with the same pattern...only 65 years ago.. RAM

acetomatoco

That interlock is kinda cute, but a master switch on the floor under the co driver seat is my cup of tea..out of sight ....and also prevents folks from leaving the lights on...even to the BL postition cuz then the batts go dead from the dash lights being left on ....etc... RAM

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
acetomatoco said:
That interlock is kinda cute, but a master switch on the floor under the co driver seat is my cup of tea..out of sight ....and also prevents folks from leaving the lights on...even to the BL postition cuz then the batts go dead from the dash lights being left on ....etc... RAM
Yep...i'm for adding the master floor switch as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks