• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Sighting

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So this morning i'm on the last leg of my hour trip home from work. I live in a rural area 15 minutes east of Lake Okeechobee with paved main roads and all other roads dirt. I round the corner onto the last paved road and 5 blocks down the road I see the very back of a truck turning a corner. I may have been up all night and 3/4 asleep but I know a deuce when I see it. I stomp on the gas and the Crown Vic sputters right along up to 60 MPH. I finally get around the corner, sputter around a dump truck and get a second eyefull of the truck. It sure is a deuce and now I've got the Crown Vic running WOT as it approaches max speed of about 63. I finally catch the slower (not much) moving deuce. I already opened the window to get an earshot of what might be a turbo deuce. The one brake light deuce grinds to a halt at a stop sign. Now I can hear the whistler doing what it does best. As the deuce turns the corner I get a better look at the truck. Its 383 green with a solid green vinyl tarp and convoy lights. Man, it's nice and has really thick tires too. I follow it down the road a mile just watching the smoke and listening to the driver go through the gears. Now I'm thinking "Cargo Trucks sure are Cool." I gotta get home so at the last minute, I hang a left on the last dirt road and exit stage left. As I'm sputtering home in my pathetic car I start to reminisce about the last cargo truck I had and how nice it came out. I'm thinking to myself, I should never have sold it, especially after following it this morning. When I get to my dirt road and make the turn I notice NDT tracks going down the road. Apparently my old truck came home to visit this morning before I found it leaving the neighborhood.