• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Sighting

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So this morning i'm on the last leg of my hour trip home from work. I live in a rural area 15 minutes east of Lake Okeechobee with paved main roads and all other roads dirt. I round the corner onto the last paved road and 5 blocks down the road I see the very back of a truck turning a corner. I may have been up all night and 3/4 asleep but I know a deuce when I see it. I stomp on the gas and the Crown Vic sputters right along up to 60 MPH. I finally get around the corner, sputter around a dump truck and get a second eyefull of the truck. It sure is a deuce and now I've got the Crown Vic running WOT as it approaches max speed of about 63. I finally catch the slower (not much) moving deuce. I already opened the window to get an earshot of what might be a turbo deuce. The one brake light deuce grinds to a halt at a stop sign. Now I can hear the whistler doing what it does best. As the deuce turns the corner I get a better look at the truck. Its 383 green with a solid green vinyl tarp and convoy lights. Man, it's nice and has really thick tires too. I follow it down the road a mile just watching the smoke and listening to the driver go through the gears. Now I'm thinking "Cargo Trucks sure are Cool." I gotta get home so at the last minute, I hang a left on the last dirt road and exit stage left. As I'm sputtering home in my pathetic car I start to reminisce about the last cargo truck I had and how nice it came out. I'm thinking to myself, I should never have sold it, especially after following it this morning. When I get to my dirt road and make the turn I notice NDT tracks going down the road. Apparently my old truck came home to visit this morning before I found it leaving the neighborhood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks