• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce sound

Holland75

hi all im new on here great forum you got here im from the netherlands i sure do like the looks of those trucks and even better the sound they make what kind of engine do they use in the ones that make that great whistling turbo sound i get chickenpocks all over when i hear one roar by
thanks sander

Deuce-bigalo

That would be an LT-465 - some are turbo, some are turbo whistlers and others are non turbos!!

Looks like you have the bug too - we're all pretty much bitten just as you are. Makes you just giggle when you hear that high pitched turbo spin up!!!

Holland75

hello all good to hear im not the only one who love.s the sound of the deuce
does anyone have or know a site where i can here that sweet music of that truck especialy the turbo whistling one over here in the netherlands you dont see those trucks much about 15 years back we had a big army depot in our neighbourhood when it was closed the moved the equipment in big convoys away man wat a day we were at a intersection so i could hear then stop and pull up again and hear that sound and see that black smoke just great whata day :blush: sorry i see im starting to rattle

thanks sander

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try this http://tired-iron.mounet.com Click on the Vehicles tab at the top then click on tracked. Once there a page pops up and you will see the M5 Stuart tank in the corner. Click on the little video icon. They are unloading a non running M5 with Mike Miners M35A2 and it has a whistler turbo. You will get a decent earful when the power comes on moving the track. Let me know what you think.

Holland75

thanks for the replies thats a nice site recovry its got nice pics and sounds
ive ben checking the net and found a site with some great deuce sounds and other military and non military sounds its pretty awesome i have one instaled on my puter when i start it up you here the deuce start

the site is called SOUNDDOGS.com [thumbzup]

regards sander

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holland75,

It is a very beautiful sound, yea?

I bought a cassette recording of military truck sounds from eBay a while back. It is pretty decent. The audio quality is a little broken, but for $7.00, it's worth it.

Here is a link to auction :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6518612387&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
This auction is obviously ended, but you might want to contact the seller because I believe he relists the item periodically.

I have no connection to the seller, just passing the info along.

Holland75

thanks for the info junkyard wars crusher i will check on ebay if he has some sound tapes always good to hear from fellow men that share the same passion :cool:

regards sander

Dieselsmoke

Hey, the book that's pictured in that Ebay listing.....if anyone knows where to get a copy I'd sure like to know. I've been looking for it for quite a while now and haven't been able to find it again.

Dieselsmoke

Actually believe it or not, stopped by Hobbytown on the way home this afternoon-they have a TON of military vehicle books (lotsa pictures). They actually had this book in stock....now I can't wait to finish the M52A2.