• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DEUCE spin on oil filters!!!!

Westex

Put my spin on fuel filters on the Deuce last night, and boy, was I glad I did. The cartridge filters had rust and just a ton of nasty. Probably saved my engine. Thanks to JaTonka for a great product.

dabtl

My first post in this thread was in May 2007. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the jatonka spin on filters. I have all of them. Never a problem and easy to install.

Thank you, once again John Tennis for your efforts and our good luck.

SpyDad

Thanks for the research feedback! I have been looking into the different filters and planning to possibly go with the spin on filters you covered when I do my first oil change on my deuce (first time MV owner). Any recommendations as to the best way to capture the oil that I am going to have to drain? What is it about 5 1/2 gallons worth..

Thanks again for the information, I am reading and learning a lot from the forum threads. :p

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I also have these filters from JT, awesome! Quick oil pressure and easy to install for the mechanically DEclined guy that I am. I actually did my spin on adapter install in the dark by flashlight!!! I had to try to challenge myself LOL. They work great and reduced my oil leaks from 99 to 97.

I also got the spin on fuel filters. They helped increase my power by allowing me to get fresh filters on. I hated changing to old type so never would do it. Now it's a breeze.

Marlboro

Look for him in the classifieds, Or at a show close to you... They are much cheaper through him. I saved a days wages buying direct. BTW I've got 2weeks 300 miles on my oil spin ons and LOVE umm!:drool:

dabtl

I am coming up on three years with the spin oil filters from jatonka. I cannot imagine not having them on the deuce. Really.

The spin on fuel filters are beginning the second year. NO MORE RUSTY CANS!

Thanks again John.

2027Deuce

Just installed on the 109, ordered filters from John as well. I have had these on the M35 for two years now and have never had any trouble, oil pressure builds alot quicker. I also bought the canvass shift boot covers for the tranny and transfer, it is amazing how much heat comes up through the shift stick opening. Thanks for the fast service John.

Jimma

Mine have been installed on my deuce for 6 months. They are easy to install, work great and oil pressure comes up so fast protecting my engine. Thanks John for a great product.

dabtl

I just looked back and realized I have had the jatonka spin on oil filters since at least January 2007 on my first deuce. They have been absolutely flawless. Perfect. Easy to install, no leaks, no problems and immediate oil pressure.

I liked them so much I put on the spin on fuel filters, primary and secondary, that have performed as well. I much prefer the design of the jatonka primary spin on adapter for ease and simplicity of the install.

If you have not got them, get them. You will not be sorry.

Djstorm100

A few pages back (page 13) a member mention the pressure drop from oil pump-filters-oil gallery. Thus the talk about how these engines were more prone to failure due to not being worked vs their tractor counterparts.

My question would be, this seems from the OEM filters not having anti-drain back valves and thus the motor running on non-pressurized oil on account of the oil filters taking forever and a day to fill?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks