• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce "stack" behind cab..?

4x4forlife

Quick question.. Do the rain caps on these things make a lot of noise? I've seen dodges' and other diesel pick ups' with the cap and when they're idleing all you hear is PING PING PING PING PING PING PINGPINGPING PING lol Really annoying sound

Capt.Marion

I think the flappers are kind of cheesy....much more fun to put a can over it and launch it off when you crank it (just attach a dummy cord to the can so you won't have to hunt for it).
Ditto. I park with the stack facing the side of my barn, so there's a fun target practice aspect added, too.

Lonesome715

This is something I wanted to do. Until I crawled under the truck and looked at everything. Yeah, it is possible to run stack. But snaking around everything is not worth it. Plus, if you want to run duals you will have to Y the pipe. And I am sorry, but that is just too gay. If I am running two stacks it is becuase they are being fed by two seperate exhaust banks. In my case that would mean two turbos. If noise really is the issue, there are ways to take care of that with out this useless mod.

mudguppy

... Plus, if you want to run duals you will have to Y the pipe. And I am sorry, but that is just too gay. ...
of course, this is how every OTR truck with duals is running them.

OP-

i am on the fence and i have considered duals or a single stack behind the cab - neither for sound control, but for getting the exhaust out of my fender well. i like the looks of duals, but just like Lonesome' said, it's really tight under there to run a single pipe, let alone a Y.

the easiest way to do it would be like the pickups do; run it under the bed, 90° up into the bed and 'Y' it to seperate stacks in the front corners. or if you have room between the cab and bed.

i think i may attempt to keep the stack through the fender, but get rid of the 'J' to free up room for more wheel travel. if that doesn't seem to work, i'll look at a stack behind the cab.

you could always run it straight out the rear - a couple members on here have done it and liked it.

Lonesome715

That is for balance, not performance. A buddy of mine who works on big rigs and I were just discussung that the other day. It is like running a cat back system and claiming you have dual exhaust.

mudguppy

That is for balance, not performance. ...
i agree and never said it was a performance enhancement - not arguing this, because you are completely correct. that's why i said i like the looks of duals, as that is all it is - a 'look'. it's also kinda like some of the dodge crowd that believe a 5.9 Cummins can even make use of a 5" diameter exhaust system, let alone 'need' it.

i very much would like to have duals behind the cab - i think it could be made to look very good. i also like the unique-ness of the fender stack. i'm just on the fence about a single stack behind the cab: it would free up fender-well space, but i like symetry and would rather have duals over a single ... but a real hassle. i think i may stick with fender stack, but replace w/ 4" stuff.

still pondering - i've got much larger issues to decide on first, then i can worry about little things like exhaust.

:beer:

Lonesome715

To me having something like that just for the looks of it does not make sense. I am a function over form kind of guy. I do like for my vehicles to look good but I will not install stuff that does not serve a real purpose. I know what you mean about some of those Cummins guys. They crack me up. I plan ti install a 6BT in a truck I have, but I am a bit more realistic on the power adders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks