• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Starter Question

AZDeuce

Doghead

I haven't forgotten about post # 7, I just haven't had a soldier B around to crank the engine while I poke around with the multi-meter.

Is there a source for NOS, relays and solenoids? (just in case!)

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also do alot alone, I have a set of meter cables that have spring clamps on them(like a battery charger uses).

The relay I have purchased from Saturn Surplus. The starter solenoid, I get from my local starter/alternator shop.

AZDeuce

A question regarding the solenoid, I was able to unscrew it off of the casting that's bolted to the starter. I tried to screw it in the same amount as it originaly was when I reasembled it. But I'm wondering with the sanding of the disc and contacts, if maybe I shouldn't have screwed it in as far......or possibly I should have gone farther.......any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct way to adjust it is, to remove the starter and measure the throw of the Bendix.

It is supposed to stop just short of bottoming the drive gear on the housing snout. The spec is .020"-.050" gap at the thrust washer.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks