• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Stereo Installation

Hey Fellas!

Thought I would share the progress I'm making on my Stereo install.
I am in the process of building a mount for a single DIN sized AM/FM/CD/MP3 player. The mount will also be used to hold either 3 toggle switches or two switches and a 12v plug, haven't decided yet.

This will mount under the dash to the right of my air shift switch and go to just about the corner of my glove box. The stereo will actually be closer to the passenger side but I can still reach it.

Built it out of 1/16" sheet metal that I cut in in the shear, it's 15" long with a 2" lip that runs along 3 sides. I used some 1" x 1/8" flat stock to make the mounting surface, punched out the holes and welded it up.

I used a cutoff wheel with a small disc to cut out the DIN hole.

Built a rectangular box that will support the stereo and keep it from flopping around, it will also have 3 screws that will lock it in place.

That's where I'm at now, waiting on my switches and indicator lights to come in this week before I drill out their holes.

Let me know what you guys think!

-GM

Attachments

FloridaAKM

It seems you are quite talented with sheet metal forming & welding. This stereo box is going to be definitely one of a kind, keep us posted as to how it is progressing.

Here is a link to the speakers I picked up, they are indoor/outdoor 200w.
I wanted speakers in their own enclosures so I wouldn't have to build any from scratch. Two will mount in the rear corners of the cab and two more maybe on the top of the windshield frame. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CC1Q4K/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure yet if I want to do a subwoofer but if I do I want to find a very compact unit.

Attachments

Here is the head unit I'll be using, bought it used off of Craigslist. It's the same one I'm using in my jeep and I really like it, and for $30 I couldn't pass it up. Has an auxiliary input for my smartphone and a USB socket for controlling or charging Ipods and other media devices.

Attachments

My speakers arrived today along with my wire antenna.
They are indoor/outdoor mini box speakers rated to 200w. I got two pairs, cheap and pretty good reviews about volume and durability for such a compact size.
Antenna is a marine wire antenna which will be run up the windshield frame, it was very cheap and a good alternative to drilling an antenna hole in the cab or hard top. I just hope it works!

Attachments

turnkey

Sweet set-up...Put a JVC speakers in a friends truck...work great...I like the small ones...You can get a head consoule for the rest of the stuff...Again nice set-up...blast on mate..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks