• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce stock copper fuel lines

karl1430

What type of flare 45 or 37 degree flare are the deuces stock copper fuel lines ?
Also are they JIC type or AN type thread ? I know these are supposed to be the same but they really arent.

Thanks for the help I am working on a fuel filter set up and am not looking to mess with the copper lines.

rustystud

What type of flare 45 or 37 degree flare are the deuces stock copper fuel lines ?
Also are they JIC type or AN type thread ? I know these are supposed to be the same but they really arent.

Thanks for the help I am working on a fuel filter set up and am not looking to mess with the copper lines.
All the fittings on the deuce should be "AN" style (Army/Navy) . It has a 37 degree flare. The "JIC" standard is basically for hydraulics and also has a 37 degree flare but it is not made to the same tolerances (standards) as the "AN" fittings are.
The "SAE" fittings are usually Automotive standard and have a 45 degree flare. So the "JIC" and "AN" fittings are interchangeable but the "SAE" fittings are not.

acesneights1

I get rid of them as the leak or break and change over to pushlok . They make jic fittings for direct conversion. Much easier , cheaper and from my experience more reliable.

Attachments

rustystud

I get rid of them as the leak or break and change over to pushlok . They make jic fittings for direct conversion. Much easier , cheaper and from my experience more reliable.
I agree about replacing all the fuel lines with DOT nylon hose but the "pushloks" are too expensive for my taste and they have "plastic" parts that can break and crack in cold weather. That's why the transit agency only uses the DOT approved old style brass fittings with threaded nuts, brass ferrules, and stainless steel inserts. Yes it is harder to replace hoses but in my opinion much safer.

acesneights1

I agree about replacing all the fuel lines with DOT nylon hose but the "pushloks" are too expensive for my taste and they have "plastic" parts that can break and crack in cold weather. That's why the transit agency only uses the DOT approved old style brass fittings with threaded nuts, brass ferrules, and stainless steel inserts. Yes it is harder to replace hoses but in my opinion much safer.
The line from the primary to the IP is copper to about 12 " from the IP and then the military used a short hose with pushlok. All I did was make that line longer and eliminate fittings and copper line.
most of those lines lasted many years. I have been using the stuff for years here in New England and have never had a failure or temp related issue with them. I will agree they are pricey but I can make a line on the side of the road in minutes.

rustystud

The line from the primary to the IP is copper to about 12 " from the IP and then the military used a short hose with pushlok. All I did was make that line longer and eliminate fittings and copper line.
most of those lines lasted many years. I have been using the stuff for years here in New England and have never had a failure or temp related issue with them. I will agree they are pricey but I can make a line on the side of the road in minutes.
They should last for years, but I want the extra insurance against breakage just like the transit agency does, and in the years to come I don't want to be on the side of the road repairing a failed fitting. Also the old style fittings are reusable, you just need to buy extra ferrules and possibly the inserts. I keep a pill bottle on the truck that has extra ferrules of different sizes and the inserts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks