• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tanker question

jatonka

I still have a good M50A2 for sale, In Upstate NY, Maple syrup capital of America, if you count the small unregistered producers. Runs good, has original pump in it, not very rusty. JT out

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Tankers are rare off of GL....the last one I watched sold for almost 10k and it was in fair shape.
I have one that came out of south FL and has serious rust issues.
The tank is stainless on mine.
If I remember correctly you can carry two types of fuel but one has to be gravity fed out if there is gas in one compartment and diesel in the other. Could be wrong on that note.
If you can get one for that price, I be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

kochevnik

What would be the difference between the M50A2 and the M49A2C - aluminium (as the Aussies say) vs. stainless ? Or is there some other features ?

And Jatonka what kind of price are you looking for ?

And finally, is there any reason you couldn't transplant the tanker bed to a regular M35A2 from an M49A2C or and M50A2 ?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
And finally, is there any reason you couldn't transplant the tanker bed to a regular M35A2 from an M49A2C or and M50A2 ?
The frame and running gear are the same. If you transplant the tank to another deuce you will have to move the PTO and linkage also. The numbers on the data plate (on the dash) will not match the one stamped on the frame......not an issue if you are not a purist.

jatonka

The M50water tanker is 1000 gallons, 2 compartment, insulated and heated by exhaust system.
The M49 is 1200 gallons, 3 compartments, uninsulated and not heated
They both use the exact same pump, but the M49 has a filtering system, the M50 does not.
$5000 for the M50A2, with NY registration that is good in any state to get it transferred.

Monty

I just picked up an M49 rear frame/tank, someone had cut it in half right behind the cab.

It's mostly complete, but I am looking for a pump off one or If someone knows what type it is I'll do a search for one.

Mines the three compartment 200/400/600 (front to rear) steel tank

It's a roller, so to get it home I pulled the bumperets off and pulled the pins off the shakles so I can install my tow bar feet and then pull it backwards home with some magnetics lights and a chase vehical.

Thanks for any infromation

Chad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks