• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce that runs and stops!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Data plate reads
M185A3
built in '66 by Kaiser Jeep

drove 250+ miles south with my brother to pick up the truck in south Georgia. Installed some redneck engineered brakelights & headed home. stopped at my parents(50 miles short of my house) at 10:30pm (only had one headlight) Other than the fact that I now have a roadworthy deuce nothing exciting happened. Drove it the last hour home this afternoon

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
paint is badly flaking green on top of a dark 3 or 4 color camo.
it has a LDT 465 w/whistler that was installed in 89 (according to the tag)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perfect for your pipeline truck bed, Joel! No lifting required to prep it for the bed. :)
I'll find some time to repost the images for the "Pipeline cargo bed" thread since there are some mods needed for the new bed to fit, removing bed mounts etc.
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...s=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pipeline&start=80
You also need to decide on the exact space to leave for a knuckleboom, fab a mounting bracket for the hydraulic pump and more.
When you are ready, we'll make arrangements for the locust boards to be delivered (put them on the back burner since I couldn't make the Aberdeen show).

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Thanks Bjorn,
The pics wil definately be appreciated, and I think it will still be a while before I'm ready for the locust. do you like my brakelights? :wink:

rdixiemiller

Lookin good Joel! I just saw your PM from the other night, sorry I did not get it earlier, I would have gone along to help.
Let me know if you need any parts, I may be able to help.
Kool brake lights!
You would probably want some real deuce lights? I should be able to round up a spare pair.
The M185 was the radio and instrument repair body, I believe.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
rdixiemiller said:
Kool brake lights!
You would probably want some real deuce lights? I should be able to round up a spare pair.
The M185 was the radio and instrument repair body, I believe.
Thanks,
Suprisingly the deuce parts selection at Oreilly's in tifton is rather thin :) Real deuce tail lights are on the list as is a new rear harness.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get 2 rear harnesses, I need one. I think it was FLMV that had one for the M342A2 selling for $49.50. Need to check the other thread

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks