• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce throttle linkage

tractorpuller1

I seem to be having trouble with my throttle linkage. I have set the adjustment screws up as per the TM. It runs fine until I do some hard riding with it. I was chasing some snowmobiles off my dad's farm and the front end caught a little air. When I shut down, it was idling at 1100 rpms. I found that the lever on the bottom of the injector pump can slide on the shaft.
My question is; is the linkage from the pedal supposed to have a spring in it somewhere? If I set it to run and idle right, and then the cab moves, it will disturb the lever if the pedal is all the way down, correct?
There is a connector in the throttle rod, but it just has cotter pins in it, no spring.

The lever on the injector has no key or flat spot or spline. I am getting a cap screw to tighten the lever on the shaft tighter. I fear it will move again if I encounter hard driving conditions again.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The stud the lever mounts on IS splined. There is an alignment mark on it so you know its in the right position.

tractorpuller1

Yes, you are right. I can not see any alignment mark, but it is where it's supposed to be at the moment. Do you know of any spring assembly that is supposed to be in place?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You can see the mark in your last pic, it lines up with the "slot" in the arm. The only spring I know of is the one in your 1st pic.

tractorpuller1

Ah hah! I thought so. Now I need a throttle spring. Compression type. Where do I get one? Any suggestions?
BTW, I replaced the bolt with a grade eight cap screw with fine threads and a nylon lock nut. Should be tighter now.
I would still like to have the spring cushion in place to protect it.

Thank you again!

TsgtB

All my linkage appears to be in order, but I can put my hand on the throttle bar (linkage) and push towards the front and it idles down, I've tried to adjust the linkage to the front, but am not sure I am doing it properly.
I have held the 7/16 nut and turned the idle set screw both ways with no response....
:(

TsgtB

and the spring located inside the frame of the box connection (on the linkage) to the pump. (sorry if terminology is incorrect)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks