• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce title help

moparguy4x4

I got a 55 reo that was bought from the ohio state dnr (department of natural resources) That they used in reclaiming the old crown city coal mines about 15 or 20 years ago was bought by a friend of mine nearly 12 years ago with just a bill of sale from the state of ohio is there any way to title this truck in the state of ohio with out going to alabama to get a title for this truck they told me it would take 375 dollars to title this truck then i would have to fight out of state inspection and then i found out that ohio does not take a alabama title form please help just trying to save another truck from the junk yard please help

southdave

RE: duece title help

Yes they are, Had to drag the Ex-wife down to the title office to prove that my truck was mine not hers and that i didn't three other trucks of the same make with consectcuive numbers ect.. and still made me fill out an aftadavid state that my ex-wife understands that the truck in question was being sold and that she gave up the right to title ect.. for somthing that she sign off on three and half years ago that cost me 150 bucks to get her to this and stillhad to leave to get a notary to sign this crap. Meanwhile 1 year ago a buddy borrowed a drag tags expired decided that might want to keep it for so he produced a fake bill of sale claimed he built it wham bam got it titled now he has to get tags for a drag I bought. this is the same poeple that State highway patrol run 8 weeks of training and you too can become a menice to the general populace by issuing tickets for 4 mi over the speed limit.
ps never call a trooper skippy even if looks 12 years old has zits

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor

register it in maine for a year then use the maine reg to get ohio title. they are required by law to accept the maine reg

Jake0147

Several states don't require titles. This is all the titling companies do, they register in a state with different laws according to your location and situation. Vermont would also only require a bill of sale on this vehicle, and would not issue a title, thus causing all previous titles to be null and void. When "relocating" to Ohio, there would be no previous title for them to require, and they would issue a brand new one.

moparguy4x4

the site does say trucks over one ton (but tractors) dont think that the duece is a tractor yet even if my buddy did stick some peterbuilt eblems on it as a joke but a 3406 cat 550 horse might be a 5 ton engine. I am going to call its in the morning does anybody know the titled gvwr of a duece with a multi fuel? i am not sure and the data plates kind of suck compared to todays dot ratings

drmeece

I sent off my paper work to Inertnational title last week. I'll let you know how it goes...I put 13000 lbs for the weight of the truck.

drmeece

With ITS there are two ways of getting the title one for older trucks ( less paperwork less cost less time)and one for newer trucks...Mines older so I sent the paperwork they asked for,for the older truck...Well because Ohio is difficult ITS sent the paper work back stating Ohio is a PITA and the need all the paperwork that they would need for the newer trucks...So I sent them all of that..Well yesterdaty I get the paper work back..I had forget to get the bill of sale notorized..So now it's on it's way back to them once again...I think it's going to work just taking long and costing more than I thought...Hope I wasn't to long winded

jim-m35a2

Just a thought but some of you guys that live in them "Title Friendly" Southern States could probably make a few bucks getting our trucks titled. If we used International Title we would have to sell our truck to them and buy it back with a AZ title. Why can't we sell our truck to a person that lived in a State that is not as anal about titles as the State we live in? You title it and sell it back to us. There would be extra sales tax to pay but it would be cheaper then the 200 bucks we would have to pay International. Just something to think about. Would be light years ahead of the SF97.

Jim
________
Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Last edited:

drmeece

Not yet. It takes three to four weeks for the new way. with my bonehead mistakes I'm guessing two to three more weeks..About the time I get the engine back together...

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am about to send my $200. in and I should have my registration/title information back in a week (they tell me). I am tired of waiting on the SF-97. So my question is will ITS.com send me the same info as the SF-97? Will this work for an IL title? Do I need an inspection too Will this work since the title isn't really 'lost'?

Barrman

I sent ITS a bill of sale for my M35 a few months ago. Less than 2 weeks later, I got an Alabama title in my name for the M35 back. Texas took the Alabama title with no questions.

Is that what you were asking?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jim-m35a2 said:
Just a thought but some of you guys that live in them "Title Friendly" Southern States could probably make a few bucks getting our trucks titled.
The problem we Louisiana guys would run into is the Certificate of Inspection. We would need the vehicle physically here to get it done...... Fuel being what it is......

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you need an inspection if you put an antique tag on it, at least in IL. Anyway, I am faxing off my info to ITS in the morning and will hopefully have a drivable truck this time next week. :)

Daneil

Has anyone titled in Virginia? If so how painful is it? I know here you can pay about 100 bucks for a lost title and get a new right then and there. You'll have a bill of sale. Do any of your states have something close to that?