• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce to the rescue

Akicita

We had a wild storm here Thursday night. It was over after about 10 minutes but that was enough time to break many trees, break limbs off tress, and do other damage.

I have a tree with two strong trunks (imagine the letter V). One thick branch broke about 20 feet up but did not fall. It was still holding on to the trunk. There was no safe way for me to get up that high and saw it off. So, I did the next best thing I could think of and wrapped a chain around a fork in the branchwork near the ground, positioned the Deuce in my driveway, pulled out almost all of the 200 feet wire rope and hooked it up to the chain.

My property lies next to a golf course and there are always golfers out there during the day. They always look up when I start the Deuce engine but they had no idea what was to follow. I gave the cable a little tug, I saw it straighten out under tension, the Deuce moved forward a bit and then I heard the breaking of wood followed by a loud thump. Awesome !

I may have ruined someone's game but it sure was nice to get that limb off the tree when I could control its fall and make sure there wasn't anybody under that limb.

Sorry, no picture of the falling limb. I was alone with the Deuce and the Deuce doesn't know how to take pictures with my camera.

ZackRidesRed

I glad you did this in a safe manner. next time get pics! lol

I tried this one time but I used a tractor, when I put the chain on the limb the limb fell and busted open my eye brow pretty good. the limb was about 30 feet long and about 8" thick at the trunk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks