• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce tool box removal.

demonhunter77

IM taking my deuce apart for Modding. I don't have a cutting torch. So i an having to wrench off old bolts. Anyone got an easy way to remove the drivers side tool box without destroying the mount. I am not going to use it anymore. Is it even worth trying to save for selling or trade?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
use 6 point sockets or wrench that fits the heads real good and tighten them to twist them off. if room use 1/2" impact on one side.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the bolts and nuts are mildly rusted you may want to try a 14MM wrench. It's slightly smaller than the the 9/16. Also a mixture of acetone and ATF (50/50) makes a great penetrant.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IM taking my deuce apart for Modding. I don't have a cutting torch. So i an having to wrench off old bolts. Anyone got an easy way to remove the drivers side tool box without destroying the mount. I am not going to use it anymore. Is it even worth trying to save for selling or trade?
You also can drill through the head of the bolts with a bit the same size as the threads. Nothing is usually easy to remove when it come to the body bolts and nuts, they're usually rusted unless it's a southwestern truck.

Iski

Somewhere I have a small bolt cutter. It goes around the nut, and has a metal chissel tip that you crank in to split the nut. If the nut is accessible, old fashioned bolt cutter will split the nut.