• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tranny Help

qbubba51

My deuce will not shift into fifth gear. It seems to dead head. You can't double clutch it in. You can't grind it in. With top cover off you can move the gear shift in and out of fifth. In the tranny with the top cover off you can engage fourth or fifth gear. Put them together and no fifth. Before I tear the shifting forks apart I was looking for help to see if I might have a bent fork up top where the shift handle comes in.

Any help anyone can provide would be most helpful.

Also any other gear but fifth works fine no problem shifting in or out.

qbubba51

There are a couple of teeth missing, but I can engage fifth by sliding the cage back and forth. I am wondering if the fork has moved where I can engage fourth with no problem but I am short for fifth. The lock down screw is still safety wired. But that does not mean it did not move.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks