• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trans tough to shift??

1stDeuce

I've been messing with my truck around the farm some now and I'm starting to think that it's excessively difficult to shift... It seems to have a LOT of slop in the lever, which makes hitting the gates difficult, and the detent springs to hit the 1-R and 4-5 gates are really stiff... Is this normal?? I have a top-loader SM465 in my plow truck that is a dream compared to my deuce, and the NV4500 in my other truck shifts like a car...

Even the ball detents for holding each gear position pop in and out with some distinct over-center clicking, doesn't sound like it's happy...

Are all your deuces like this too?? Is there a roll pin that wears out in the shift lever or something?? Might be time to pull the top cover...

Thanks!!
Chris

Stan

Can't say whats wrong but thats not right. Had a m37 that was kinda sloppy but ok. Then I think the rollpin that guides it broke and it was all over the place.Was going to rebuild it but a new top cover with forks and everything was only $75. Bolted it on and shifts great know. I was told the pin and guides wear and it gets sloppy. Sounds similiar to yours.

my69camaro

Mines hard to shift too. After driving around town for a hour or so my arms tired from shifting.. 2nd and 3rd are the gears that seem the worst to me.. It's not horrible or anything but nothing compared to the g56 in my dodge or the t56 in my car...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks