• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce transmission problem

ptg530C

I havent driven my duece in a while and last night when i took it out to fuel up, at first it shifted thru the gears fine but then 2nd and 3rd quit working. I noticed that if I went from 1st to 3rd, after i gave it a little gas 3rd would finally grab. odd thing is is 4th and 5th worked fine. what gives? at first i thought the clutch was slipping, but that is not an issue. any ideas?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: duece transmission problem

Suggestion, pull the shift top off and check for damage to the sheet metal tabs that help guide the shifter. And also make sure none of your shift forks are damaged or bent. If your screen name is an indication of the type of truck that you have (530C pumper), then the rod that on a sprag-equipped deuce shifts the sprag from forward to reverse instead discunnects the pump and roll fire pump when you shift to reverse, and you'll need to be SURE to reconnect it.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks