• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce turn signal gremlin

hockeyguy

I am a new deuce owner as of a few months ago and am chasing down an issue with my turn signals. I have searched and read at least 20 posts before posting this. The search feature does work well. Current state is when I switch the turn signal the turn signal lights just stay solid, no flash.

Here is what I have done so far: swapped out turn signal switch from another truck, replaced flasher ( I have 2 new ones ive tried), cleaned grounds at tail and headlights. To clean I removed bolts, ground down with bench grider and wire wheel on dremel. Still no success.

I am thinking at this point there could be a short somewhere. I would appreciate some insight.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have LED lights on it? If all your lights are LED's you may need a newer type of flasher.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had that problem and it was in the plug where the front and rear wiring harness ties together under the rear of the cab on the frame rail. Turn it on and do the old wiggle test with someone else watching

hockeyguy

I will try that. I did unplug it just to try to isolate the rear tails from the front. There was no difference.

I had that problem and it was in the plug where the front and rear wiring harness ties together under the rear of the cab on the frame rail. Turn it on and do the old wiggle test with someone else watching

jbayer

I'd bet on a bad ground.
Front lights ground through the light mount, through the fender.
The blinker switch grounds through the steering column.
The flasher grounds through the terminal lug on one of the connector wires
Use VOM, and do a Ground continuity check at EA bulb socket, at the flasher ground pin, and the blinker switch.

TsgtB

I've got issues I'm trying to narrow down...
Head and tail lights work, but no brake or turn signals. BUT, the signal indicator on the column stays lit (solid).
I'll start looking for a ground problem, but it not sure if the brake switch (air) would cause the same symptoms? Or a few things at the same time...
gremlins... uggg.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same problem; even ran separate ground wires from steering column to cab, relocated flasher unit from fender to firewall, wiggle tests, cleaned ground connections, etc... I finally ended up doing as other members have, and made my own flasher unit. Problems solved and it has worked perfectly since.

hockeyguy

So I fixed the issue. I ended up going to an electrical parts house after work yesterday to pickup a Grote 44010 24v flasher. Stuck it in the connector and lights flashed. What are the odds of receiving two bad brand new military flashers. So frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check the wires on the steering column near the flasher control. I had some break in my m109 and caused similar issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks