• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Turn Signal/Hazard light Switch????

saddamsnightmare

August 9th, 2008.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?:
Learned Seers of the Duece:

Just a minor question about the D.C.Electronics, Aurora, Ill turn signal unit No. PN:M620691/1-2-11613632? This is the one with a serrated end lower lever underneath the main turn signal lever.... My 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 has turn signals, but no hazard lights... does the lower lever, which seems to be able to slide in (towards the wheel) and out serve as a hazard light switch? It seems odd that a 1971 M35A2 rebuilt for Desert Storm in 1990, has made it all these years without a hazard light circuit of any type, where our construction dumptrucks built at the same time had hazard light switches....?
When pushed in or out, this auxilliary lever seems to do nothing at all, it doesn't latch or unlatch, it doesn't work the turn signals as hazards, it seems odd that they would bother to put this item on the main turn signal lever if it does nothing???? I know photos will be wanted, but I haven't got the hang of a digital camera, and a regular one seems not to be useful in the circumstance. However, I am certain that more then one of you out there have dueces with this set up, and may be able to shed some significant light on this question..... [thumbzup]

Thanks Again,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB

dabtl

Push the turn signal to the right turn position. Pull the serrated lever out and push the turn signal lever up another click at the same time to the hazard position.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks