• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Turn signal issue

johnfire6

I have my new (to me) 1970 Jeep M35A2 (Awesome!) the only thing I am having a problem with is the turn signals won't work when the headlights are on, when the switch is in the first position the turn signals work fine but when I switch the third position the head lights come on but the turn signals don't, the brake lights work in both positions and all the other functions on the light switch work (parking lights, BO lights, etc.) and the light switch looks like brand new, I have also looked at all of the grounds I can find and they all look good and solid, the wires look to be in great condition no frays or rub marks that I can find, any other ideas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes.

One pin is ground, another is power in (solid) and the last is power out (flashing).

You can simply use test wires (alligator clips) to connect the pins to the battery and then put a test light on the output pin. Obviously with the unit grounded and a solid 24V feed, the output should flash.

The 3 pins in the connector are A, B and C. C is circuit 90, the ground. B is the flasher input (solid power) and A is the flasher output (flashing power).

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had the same issue, I read in SS that it would be the Direction Light Lever, I replaced it, problem was solved, weird how that thing effects everything else!

Not a guarantee, for your issue, but I would try another one as a test and see, before I do all the testing steps, if someone near you has and MV and you can just do a borrow test, you'll know if that's the answer, we did all the wire testing and nothing showed up, replaced the directional and poof it was fix.

Good Luck!