• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce universal joint help

peppy

Hi all, i'm looking for the u-joint size on a duece, in specific the ones on the shaft between the rear axels although any other sizes would be appreciated thanks in advance. (tried searching couln't find a definate answer)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed on the 1410, for all M44-series trucks.

Earlier production M35's have the bearing plate style U-joints on the transmission jackshaft AND the propeller shaft between T-case and 1st rear axle:

NSN 2520-00-521-6186

Spicer #5-115X,
Rockwell #CP115X
DANA #4-6-128X
Precision # 332

Not sure when the change was to the 1480's. ??

G.

Jesse6325

Peppy,, Do you have a truck parts place or heavy equipment place close to you?
I had a U joint on my inter axle shaft go out. The cheapest I could find it online was about $40.00 not including shipping. I took into town (about 45 miles away) And the place I took it not only were able to identify it right quick, They also had it in stock for about $28.00 tax included!:grin:

tlessin86

Most Ujoints are pretty common on these. Take them off if you are not sure and take them to your local parts store that has competent parts men or women.