• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce valve lash

jatonka

Baxter, you are talking about Head Gaskets, they are looking for valve cover gaskets. Did your Head Gaskets come with valve cover gaskets also? I am wondering if M35 Tom will find a way to offer complete head sets including intake/exhaust and water outlet gaskets with the Head Gaskets. That would be real good. JT out

Last edited:

baxter

Your right I am sorry after trying to kill myself trying to install some 395's last night I am still very tired. I had to get a complete overhaul kit. sorry for the misinformation.

jatonka

I understand tired, get some rest, then tell us if you got the overhaul set from M35Tom. I'm hoping he will handle all the gaskets we need. He is knowledgeable and straight up in my book. JT

LanceRobson

What are you all using to hand turn the engine? Giant socket on the crank pulley nut?
A long handled 3/4" ratchet and socket. If memory serves it needs a short extension.

I set mine a while back on one of my trucks that had 6,100 miles on a depot rebuild engine and it seems to have a little more valve noise now. Only a few of the valves need changing so I may be imagining things.....

It had new looking valve cover gaskets that were still resilient so it may have been done since the 1989 engine rebuild too.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks