• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce vin info

sfabn

Please process:2 1/2 drop side cargo SN:032512174 , REG #NKOBSN ,NSN:23209260873.THANKS and have already donated and I was in Afganistan with Gene when he was KIA IN 02.MSG Ramey 19th SF RET.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Please process for me:
ID: 032512174
Registration # NKOBSN
NSN# 23209260873
Thank you very much.
James Ramey
For Gene!

Organization:3637TH OD CO MAINT NONDIV DS Location:SPRINGFIELD
ILLINOIS
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:
M35A2C NSN:
2320009260873 Serial Number:
32512174 Registration Number:
NK0BSN Year of Mfg:
1968 Usage Miles: 4938

Info Sep 04. At that time it was suppose to go to the 321st TSC in Baton Rouge but no info if it made it there or not. I kinda doubt it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the post. I lived in Morgantown and was living there for 9-11 and until 2003. Sad days. I can't say that I knew him but I went into the bike shop there along the bike path. More than likely I ran into him or was even waited on by him but I honestly can't say yes or no to that. You know how it is...people enter and leave our lives like bus boys in a restaurant.

After he was killed, I tried to get the bike trail running from Morgantown to Kingwood renamed in his honor. Not being politically savy, I didn't have much success. When I left the state, I talked to Dr Whalen about it but never really had the contacts to make it happen. Sent some letters to the state senators and stuff but I guess they were too busy doing their in fighting crap to care. Last I heard they did list one mile of the trail in his honor. What a bunch of bull. They should have named every school in the state for him instead of senator byrd.

I was planning on putting on the back of my deuce a tribute to him. As soon as I can raise some cash to make it happen, I plan to have it painted on. I am concerned some SF guy might take offense to a non-former SF'er having such a tribute. Some can be touchy about such things. I'm too old to get my butt kicked, I hurt too much the next day. Probably too slow to run away either LOL.

Anyway was thinking about putting on there

Operated in honor of Gene Arden Vance, Jr
Staff Sergeant, 2nd Battalion, 19th Special Forces
Born US Army Hospital Frankfurt, Germany 30 Nov 63
Taps Shkin, Afghanistan, 18 May 02
Visit www.genevancejr.org

Your thoughts?

sfabn

Gene tribute

I knew Gene and I see no problem with your tribute and I don,t think Gene would either.Thanks again for the process and I hope if you paint the trk you will post pics. James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks