• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce wanted

joshuaz223

as i have previously stated i am looking to bob and crew cab a deuce. i have saved up some money and will now start the search. bed will be getting cut so I'm not worried about seats or bows or canvas. just would like a basic truck that moves under it's own power. anyone have something like this for $2000 or should i just start watching the fort drum auction (i only live 30 min from there). also will be needing an extra cab, front springs and mounts. any help would be appreciated, thanks Roy

Blood_of_Tyrants

Your cheapest route will be the GL route. Buy two and use the one in the worst shape for parts for the second. You can recoup part or all of your cost by selling parts off the donor truck.

UpstateNYer

Roy,

Decodeme has several trucks w/o winches for $2500. I know some guys who have gotten nice trucks from Ft Drum through GL at good prices also. Good luck in your search.

Chris

surfdog

also will be needing an extra cab, front springs and mounts. any help would be appreciated, thanks Roy
You can also use the springs/mounts off a M105 trailer for the bobbed deuce.
This may be a cheaper way to go than buying the 2nd deuce if your first project is the bobbed one.

M105's are usually fairly reasonable ($200-400) from Drum.

Cheapest way (especially since you are so close) to get a deuce is via GL (once they start re-selling them when this de-mil code issue gets figured out).

Just make sure you do your homework and check them out in person - make sure they start (usually need a jump), brakes hold pressure, clutch seems to work, etc.). You will not be able to drive them but usually you can at least hear them run.

Kevin (the Ft Drum GL rep) is a good guy and straight shooter.

Good luck.

JP
Altamont (near Albany)

Sephirothq

I have a deuce for sale and an extra cab. I am in PA. I would like to get $2500 for the cab and the truck. Let me know if you are interested and we can talk.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have a good running deuce for sale for $2k.Its missing the windshields,seat cushions,exhaust stack,and headlights.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Or you can buy a ready to drive one for 35K ha ha ha.

Sounds like the guys on this thread are getting you all set. A plus from buying from a person is you know what your buying. - Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks