• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce weight and a lttle good news.

rottiedog

Took the deuce to the landfill today. Thought I had a ton of stuff back there. Ended up only being 300 pounds of junk from the garage. Well, the empty weight with me in it was 10520 pounds.

Good new: After the dump, went to get the truck inspected. They said nope, too old. 30 years and older don't need inspections in NC!!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never have weighed mine but that's about 3,000# less than the data plate and the TM says.

rottiedog

I wish there were tires that were a little lighter but still handle the deuce weight. These are 400 pounds per corner. Might be great for miltary duty and they look great but they are freakin' heavy. I think I can get down under 10k with a little work.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size tires do you have? I have 11.00 michelins and they weigh 248lbs each with the rim. I have mine dualed in the back. The stock 9.00 weighed 144lbs.
I am going to get my bobbed truck weighed and inspected as soon as I get a leaking rear main and a rear leaking wheel cylinder fixed. I tagged it for a D plate, but maybe I should have gone for an F plate.

tm america

. i scaled mine on a cerified scale 14,510 with the dump kit and hitch.most scrap yards dont care if scale is accurate they are only looking for the difference between the in weight and the out weight since thats what they're paying for .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks