• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wheel Stud Dimensions

Dan6wd

hello, does anyone know what the length and diameter of the knurled end of the duece's main stud. i know the threaded end is 3/4 of course. i have access to some old truck studs and was wondering if they would fit without having to knock one out. also i see a few people upgrading to the 16X20 tires and rims on the m35. does the backspace on the super single rim fit the m35 dual setup ok? or would you have to perform the hub flip technique such as the one i have seen in a picture here on the site? and finally whats the difference between a duece with the white continental engine versus the hercules manufactured engines? any differences? yep, you guessed it. im a noob at the diesel powered m35's i had an old reo 331 gasser powered m35 and also a m211 302 gasser as well.

devilman96

RE: Duece Wheel Stud Dimensions

The single wheels I build are 11X20... they are reversible like 5 ton wheels and will fit both flipped and non flipped hubs though most people do flip the hubs to even out the wheel spacing front to back keeping it more or less the same. There are also some that perfer to do this in order to even out the bearing load changes...

I know there are some block variations in LDT models, I’m not sure if those were a change between Herc / Cont or just something that was done to help correct head stud issues. I think there were also piston changes but I could be wrong… I’m sure a few here can elaborate far better than I can.

If no one post the stud depth / dia before tomorrow I will put them up when I get to the shop and can measure them...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I? :)
1” max. o.d. , 15/16” long.

As for White / Continental / Hercules made MF differences between same models, there shouldn’t be any, they are all built to same specs. See http://shortlinks.net/rum506

I’m not sure though, if by the time the TD (thick deck) block made by Continental appeared, the other two companies were still in production and also offering the same improved version?

Gerhard