• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce wheel toe in

harry

Have a M35a3 their is intermittent wobble in frount end above 40mph .

tightened link ends , tie rod ends are tight .

using a tape meauser i measured tires and their is no toe in

measured M35a2 their is 1/4" toe in no wobble (drives fine) ,

could toe in cause a front end ( intermittent ) wobble ?
any one know the TM # for replacing seals in a Duece steering box ?

Thanks for help Harry

ctmustang

Not very likely toe will cause a wobble. My first deuce did this. I finally put 2 new tires on the front and took care of the problem. I think that when they sit for the extra long time waiting for GL or whatever it flat spots the tires or something. I have read lots of post on this subject and recommend you do a search on the subject.
CT

rlwm211

I would check each corner for loose bearings, then for bent rims, and then for tires that are way out of balance or out of round. This is a process of elimination and you have to start with the integrity of the wheel hub and tires, then tie rod ends and then relay rod, and the steering box. When you have the truck jacked up, check the ball joints or bushings for freeplay. You put a long lever under the tire when it is off the ground and lift up and look for motion in places where it should not be.
This is a process of investigation and you have to start at the corners and work towards the steering box. Each component can contribute to either a wobble or vibration that can aggravate a loose component.

Hope this helps
RL

markmontana

harry- when I picked up my M35A3 at Ft McCoy, it had a serious wobble at about 40mph. It would settle down as speed increased, and the more miles maccus and I put on her, the smother she drove. I think it has a lot to do with tires- both from extended sitting and possibly losing air and sitting 'flat' for long periods, a common problem with CTIS.

I found that after a few hours of highway speeds, wobble was noticeably less. You could try switching some tires around to see if that makes a difference. You don't say how much use you have on your A3, but my guess is you don't have any serious issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks