• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce width and GL preview

bull

can anyone tell me the exact semintions of a duece. I've read the wiki frequently asked questions page which says 96" in wide< but GL says 93" wide.

also would like the other demintions as well< including wheelbase.

I'm asking because of shipping concerns, I am ;ooking to buy one and want make sure that it will fit on my trailer/

Also has anyone sae the trucks up from auction in Georgia or Alabama

Thanks in advance!

FreightTrain

Banned
Here ya go...

96" overall width not counting mirrors
93" rear 79" front outside Sidewall to sidewall
47" rear 58" front inside sidewall to sidewall
277" Lenth winch truck
130" Wheel base front wheel to middle wheel
48" rear axles center to center
178" wheel base.Center front Center Rear Rear
112 1/16" overall hight with cargo cover
79 11/16" hight with no top and windshild folded down
52" Bumper to center front axle winch truck
47" rear of bed to rear rear axle center

Front axle winch truck weight empty 6450
Middle axle winch truck weight empty 3540
Rear Rear axle winch truck weight empty 3540
Total weight winch truck 13530

Center of Gravity
80 5/8" back from front axle empty
37 3/4" from ground empty
94 15/16" back from front axle loaded correctly
48" from ground loaded correctly.

Loaded is based on 5000Lb payload Without Crew

Last edited:

jimm1009

GL Preview and shipping information

Here is Uncle Sam's published information for the M35A2.
If this is wrong, the TM is available for download here.

Good luck in your Rescue Mission!

Jim

Note: I'm not sure what I did wrong in this original post but the four pages of PDF do not want to open.
For actual dimensional drawings of the M35A2 go to the Resources area on S.S., download TM55-2320-209-15-1, & refer to paper pages 2-8, 2-9, 2-32, & 2-35 for all that you will need for your truck.

You can even e-mail these pages to the shipper directly if needed or they can download the TM themselves.
Sorry'bout that! Good help is soooooo hard to find.

Jim, again

Attachments

Last edited:

dburt

Make sure your tow rig and trailer are up to towing such weight. In some states you haveto go accross the scales if you weigh over a certain amount. I have an '07 Dodge 4X4 diesel 1-ton dually reg cab with a 12-ft flatbed and a couple of toolboxes. I weigh right at 10,000 lbs empty. My 5th-wheel was a 14,000lb rated 25 footer that had an upper deck and a winch, it weighed 6,000 lbs empty. If I tried to haul my deuce which weighs 13,700 empty with the winch, you can see that I would be up to 29,700 lbs which in Oregon would require me to have a commercial license and go over scales since the max weight for no CDL and non-commercial status is 26,000lbs. Alot depends on what state you are in, what thier regs are for towing and hauling, etc. I can tell you this, (since I sold new Ford and Dodge trucks for many years) that a 13,500lb deuce and a 6,000lb trailer are right at the upper max limit for a Ford F550 diesel pickup truck. Anything smaller and you are pushing the limits. If you have an incident or mishap, the Hiway Patrol or State Police will look very very closely at your tow rig and whether you were overloaded. Be very careful! Leave yourself a good safety margin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks