• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce winch components list?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take a shot at this Eric but no way can I cover all the bolts you will need. Firstly you will need the winch. The winch is bolted on with 12 very unique shouldered bolts of 2 different lengths. The winch bolts to bumper extension, winch brackets. These are 2 pc per side. You will need the drive shaft that goes from the PTO to the winch. You will also need the PTO itself along with the shifter. There is a data plate and a safety gate that go inside the cab. PTO is attached via 6 studs, bolts wont work. There are also 2 large thick washers used under the brackets that support the grill. There are some lengthy bumper bolts as well. Buying a kit from someone is usually better unles you have some major components at home. I've installed 4 or 5 kits so if you have ?? please ask.

ida34

PTO
PTO lever
lock for lever
data plate for lever
lever mount
rod to go between pto and lever

driveshaft
winch
frame brackets left and right
winch mounts left and right.

several misc nuts and bolts to put it all together.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
make sure you get the bracket that the pto shiter attaches to (under the floor of the cab)

If I were you I would help/watch it being removed if at all possible ... there are a lot of bolts

cbvet

Thanks again.
And "You'll need everything his has that yours doesn't" just cracked me up!
I won't be able to see the truck it's coming off of, but the guy that's picking it up is sharp so it should be alright as long as he has the list.
Next I'll work on some tires.............
Eric

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Add the linkage and two pins from the lever to PTO to your shopping list. And some gaskets/shims....which you can't rely on coming from the donor truck.

Regards,
David

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am interested in this too as I already have the PTO. I am curious about pricing for buying a complete kit from a junker. What sort of price range would something like that go for?

Hookin1

If your lucky you can get one for about 500 bucks.....most of them are about 1,000 bucks and then there are those that you will need to get financing aua

Galdron

And to think I though a Deuce Winch was just a gal that did not like big trucks. Hmmm.. But then again I thought Taco Bell was a Mexican Telephone Company.

T

televisionman007

I'll take a shot at this Eric but no way can I cover all the bolts you will need. Firstly you will need the winch. The winch is bolted on with 12 very unique shouldered bolts of 2 different lengths. The winch bolts to bumper extension, winch brackets. These are 2 pc per side. You will need the drive shaft that goes from the PTO to the winch. You will also need the PTO itself along with the shifter. There is a data plate and a safety gate that go inside the cab. PTO is attached via 6 studs, bolts wont work. There are also 2 large thick washers used under the brackets that support the grill. There are some lengthy bumper bolts as well. Buying a kit from someone is usually better unles you have some major components at home. I've installed 4 or 5 kits so if you have ?? please ask.
hey kenny u wanna take a winch off one of my dueces and slapp it on my M109???

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A2 winch parts

I too am adding a winch to my M35. I bought the winch, front bumper, and brackets from a guy in California who parted out a truck. I bought every other part I needed from George at White Owl. He's the best. Service and knowledge are second to none, and his pricing and shipping is very reasonable.

I am doing a write up with pics on all that I am doing to the truck from purchasing/licensing/insuring through the final build. I am planning on doing the winch this weekend, starting to that is, and will forward you those pixs if you are interested.
:grd:

Smokinyoda

I am also doing this. Do you re-use the bolts from the donor truck or buy new ones? I have always thought best not to re-use fine thread bolts that have been torqued down. Would like to know what you experienced winch installers do.