• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce window regulator

bryan70546

Guys and gals hope you enjoying your weekend .
I am trying to replace my drivers side window regulator and for the life of me cant figure out how to do it , i know you have the 4 screws to undo , but what else is involved and yea i did a search , Can anybody help me out on this I really need to get this fixed .Thanks
Bryan

combat32

Yes, take the door glass out first, I prefer to take out the door latch before removing the window regulator as it gives you more room to work

bryan70546

Yes, take the door glass out first, I prefer to take out the door latch before removing the window regulator as it gives you more room to work
ok Combat here is another silly quiestion for ya , how do you remove the door glass , you have to cut me some slack , this is my first time doing this .:cookoo:

combat32

Take off your access panel on the inside of your door, next roll your window about halfway down, you should see the arms of the window regulator coming down, there are two slots on the bottom of the window, the ends of the arms go through these slots.

Next step is by feel, reach around where the arm goes through the slot on the bottom of the window, there is a clip on the backside, there is one at the front too.Pop those clips off, pull back the arms from where they pass through the slots and pull the window out from the top of the door, two people is better than one on this project;-)

pittdog

Get the window @ 3/4 way down, get the access panel off, 2 clips hold the glass in. slide them off carefully , don't move the regulater till you get the new window, ain't to easy, gota stick you're arm all in there! while you got it open.... go head and grease all the slides and geares !:grd:

bryan70546

thanks guys , that explains alot were the arms slid into the slot on the window on the regulator is rusted and there are no clips , now i guess i need to find em , even with the cips gone i was still unable to pull the window out , but i will try agiain , now that i have a little more ammo for the job .

jdr2710

I found that the window likes to catch a bit on the weather stripping at the top. I found it easiest to get a couple pieces of 24ga sheet metal (for furnace duct work) and use those as a guide to let the window get past the seal.

Saturn surplus has the clips if they aren't sitting in the bottom of the door.

Good luck!

Capture.JPGEveryone, THANK YOU! I've been driving around with my panel off because I would have to reach in the panel and push my window up. Due to the panel being off, my left leg would go numb due to driving in the -20 weather up here. The other morning I had a foot of snow inside the cab from the winds blowing the snow down the window and through the open panel :( It warmed up today in the 30s and I jumped at this project. I replaced the tracks, regulator and the window slash that was missing. I can now drive around without getting frost bite on my left leg :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks