• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wipers & Arms From Saturn: A++

rsh253

There are quite a number of threads regarding wiper up-grades for the deuce. Many refer to Napa wipers that are no longer in stock, or folks having to go through all kinds of trials & tribulations trying to find something that works.

I decided to buy the wiper up-grade kits from Saturn Surplus, and they are great. They took about 10 min./wiper to install. My deuce did not come with wiper blades or arms and I originally bought the stock type and spent hours trying to get them to work. What an improvement the Saturn blades & arms are!

They cost $19.50 / wiper kit, & shipping came to less than $8.00. I had a few other do-dads I needed so I had Saturn add them to the order to help justify the shipping. I placed my order through their web site last Sun. night and the package arrived on Wed. For me, it was well worth the price to get something that fit, works well & was an easy install.

-Russ

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed the Saturn kits...I think they suck. cheap knurled nuts break easily. I'm looking to do something else. I hear lots of good stuff so it must be me.:p

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got them too. I had issues with the pot metal goodies that mount on the wiper motor shaft, but I called Jay and he made it good. They work great now.

bigelk50

I installed the upgrade kits too. Drilled though the back of the arm and put the stock bolt back in. Just like factory. The knurled part is there and a bolt now holds it as well. Been a year since we did this, so I will have to get some pics and refresh my memory. Well worth the money. Just a pain to put on.

jmh4x4

I thought the install was easy and nice, but now they won't stay in the up position, as you drive they continualy drop to straight down, they seem alot heavier then the stock ones. Not overly impressed with them, but I guess they do the job.

steelandcanvas

I got them too. I had issues with the pot metal goodies that mount on the wiper motor shaft, but I called Jay and he made it good. They work great now.
The knurled bushings I had took a dump on me also, I guess I'll call Jay and get a couple coming. I really just kind of put that project on hold since it never rains or snows here in Colorado.:roll:

jblack6527

I've got those as well, I like them. I second the problem with them falling down driving down the road, but the difference between them and the stock wipers as far as wiping ability is well worth it.

JasonS

The better bushings have a steel insert which bites well into the wiper shaft....... Got mine from NAPA.

ARYankee

What the???? nopics

I'd like to see what they look like. I've been thinking about upgrading as well. The stock wipers are junk.

jatonka

Remember, Saturn Surplus doesn't make the parts, they sell them. Talk to Jay or Mark, maybe they can find a way to make the part locally that fails on so many of your trucks. They have taken the time to provide us with parts that we need, why can't we take the time to talk to them about fine tuning their product to make it better for all of us? Saturn is one of the companies who do care about their custmers, I know they will listen to suggestions we have. JT out

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have'nt dealt with Saturn but I second that Eriks is top notch! Everything I have ordered from them came in on time and was exactly what I had ordered. One has to remember that they just sell items and dont make them.

I got my arms and wipers off egay, guess I need to check and see which bushing I have before install.

Last edited: