• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce wire harness

MotorTMan

Hi all,

I have a M54a2 that its rear wire harness is toast. (insulation cracked, rotted, wires are turning green, ready to snap) Ive called many places, and its impossible to find an NOS rear harness for it. (no 800 series either) A few have NOS M35a2 rear harnesses. I realize that it is shorter, and I can splice in mil spec wire to make it longer. My question is, is the main receptacle plug the same on the end opposite the tailights? I have no deuces anywhere to compare the two.

Russ

AZDeuce

No, the one on a 5-ton harness is a lot bigger. But if your plug is in reasonable shape you can take the wires out of the deuce plug, and put them in the correct spots on your 5-ton plug. I put a 5-ton rear harness in a deuce about 15 years ago, and had to put the 5-ton wires into the deuce plug, I had several wires left over. I taped them up, and it worked just fine.

Westech

CPL
I put a Gasser deuce harness in a gasser 5 ton about 5 years ago. Really the only thing we had to change was extend the head and marker lights and extend the rear a couple feet. just cut and add some wire to the things that dont reach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks