• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with bed liner. Pics?

Snarky

Has any one here has a bed liner professionally sprayed in a deuce? I'm think about getting it done to mine but I wanted to see if anyone else had first.

It's a bigger bed than a pickup, but at the same time it's less deep and not as complicated with the sheet metal. I want to see if I can find a place to color match the OD green or maybe just get black, I haven't decided.

I'm a little worried about how well bed liner will adhere to residual rust or CARC. Also since the bed is one big flat sheet, I'm worried the liner will come out in a big sheet.

At any rate I wanted to get it professionally done and hopefully get a warranty against installation defects.

Anyone done it? Any professional brands recommended? I heard linex is better than that rhino stuff, and actually I hadn't heard much about rhino lining lately, do they even exist any more?

I'm looking for pics, experiences with the cargo cover after reinstallation, prices, and ect. If that info isn't here, when and if I do it, I'll bring lots of info back.

Scarecrow1

I saw one for sale in California Sorry dont remember where it was posted .It had its bed sprayed.with a liner of some kind i e-mailed him some questions about the bad but never got a reply. It looked to me like itwas well done and scuff free ,so I ask how long it had been done and how he liked it . Guess we will never know . Hope someone else knows . I have herd the roll on DIY kits are hit and miss on them staying on the bed alot seperated soon after they were put on .

Snarky

No personal experience but we did have a Line-X deuce in our parade this year. Contact LineX in Edmond, OK for more details.
Is the whole truck coated in linex? I've actually seen that, I've seen one OD Green linexed FJ Cruiser, and theres a black dodge down the street from me that is coated in bedliner. I thought it would be cool to linex an entire deuce till you get to the cost.

WPNS421

I have had pickups done with Linex and the stuff is great we have abused the Linex and it doesn't show. They will ask you to make sure the box is cleaned and they preferred roughed up. The Linex has been in my work pickups for 5 years and is still nice. I have also used a similar product to Herculiner which we roll on with a roller. We spray the stuff onto the frame and then we paint. To do this we use a Rock guard gun, does a good job. We have used this on the roof of an ambulance M43 doesn't show and doesn't peel etc. It is much cheaper then linex and is almost as good.

snakeater

there is a product on the market called Raptor. It is available from any automotive paint supplier. One "kit" is around 125.00 and is enough to do a standard size pickup bed twice. It can also be tinted any color that you wish. We have used it at the body shop with great results very similar to rhino liner or line x and did I mention that it can be tinted??? Purple fuscia m-35 anyone? OOOH what about a bedliner version of " Ted Nugent Camo" that would be awesome. Snakeater

Crackerjax

I have a CJ5 dipped in line-x its freaking awesome been on there for about 5 years I would sand blast the bed first and then ultra clean it and degreese it afterwords and it should be great they can do line-x in almost any color now I will be having my truck done soon in the bed as well as the cab floor. (take the floor pans out spray them and reinstall)

GoHot229

I tenativly want to use black 1/2" rubber matting in the cab, of course it will have to be cut to fit the angular shapes of the tunnel, and I'll use rivits and ss washers to fasten it likely, but besides useing the spray liner in the bed, I was thinking of the Roll-on type since its likely to be less expensive for what I'm wanting to do, and that is to roll the floor and kick-pannels along with the firewall. It should look really good and help with rain-time drips and such that the Deuce is prone to because of the windsheild. Yea some gaskets are in order, but just the same, I think it would look good inside the cab, additionally silencing (hopefully) the in-cab noise.

wehring

OD green

I was thinking about the same thing. Home THis link is to CritterGitters.net
430 Perkins League City, TX 77573 281-455-1312 They make the Texas Party Barge that is being passed around in several e-mails. I have heard that they are not very easy to deal with but they can match OD and desert tan very well.

Maybe we can talk to them about a package deal of two trucks?

Justin
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Yea but...

Purpose-built party wagon. Card table, stripper pole, stereo, bar w/ blender. Sounds like a good time... Only in Texas.

Justin
Angleton, Texas

Snarky

I have seen a 'critter getter' before, but had no idea they were so close to home. I'm not sure how I feel about that, haha.

My god, they've created a whole fleet of those things! Look at what they did to that land cruiser! :cry: All those Rockwells.... Travesty... If I was a deer I don't think I would go near that thing.

I wonder what their prices on bedlining would be, even if you gave them a pair of trucks for a deal they might feel their product is so superior that it's like spraying a truck in gold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks