• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce won't MOVE.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll have to pull the trans to access the clutch. I don't know how heavy the trans is but you don't want to try and pull it by hand.;)

Sounds like you don't know a lot about changing clutches. I suggest you read the TM and understand what you are doing before you start turning wenches. It's not complicated but you've got to do things a certain way or you'll never get it done.

k4vem4n

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/52409-how-transmission-changeout.html?highlight=changing+transmission
Try this, once you do it once, you should understand it well enough to do it without instruction. It is a rather simple job to do in my opinion, except you are dealing with a lot of weight, I believe the trans weighs close to 300lb. get a good come-a-long or chain hoist. Plus the output shaft bolts are a PITA to get to, so patience is also a necessity.
The first time I did it took about 5 or 6 hours, the last time I did it, it only took just over an hour (by myself). Practice makes perfect.
Take your time, be safe, and good luck.

ferb444

Got the truck moved, had to tow it with a high lift. Looking under the truck the clutch feels real shakey. I push the clutch to the floor and i can shift into all 5 gears, including reverse. I'm going to read more about changing the clutch, Could it just be out of adjustment? how would you adjust the clutch? where can i get a new clutch? thanks again to everyone.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YOU REALLY need to read the TMs, like before owning the truck, I guess late is better then never
Start with the -10 (operators manual) and go from there.
You can find them here
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

S&C you beat me to it

G-Force

Either the clutch is shot or the bolts on the pressure plate loosened up causing the clutch to not engage. Either way, you need a clutch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks