• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce won't start without either

BEASTMASTER

ok guys,lets hear it. my buddie picked up a deuce this week, and it won't start without a sniff of either. turns over real good ,has 8 lds pressure at the filters but she won't fire without that sniff. runs like a champ after it starts, but if we shut it off, it still won't start back up without a sniff of either. give some ideas that i can give to him,please. appreciate it much. thanks.

army_nurse

check your IP. Mine was the same way. Put in a LDS-1A pump now you look at it and it will start. Others will know different things that will need to be checked but i had the exact same problem so it stands to reason that you could need to check your ip. mine ran fine after you got it started but getting it started it had to turn over too long for my confort so i would give it a shot of either. Another thought is your supply pump working, the on in the tank? just a thought.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
when the IP piston is worn, it will not make enough pressure to inject fuel until the engine gets to a higher rpm than the starter can turn. try towing the truck so the engine is turning at 800 rpm and if it starts right up, it is almost certainly a worn out IP head.

tom

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try to turn the fuel screw a little cant hurt.Ever sense I did it starts faster,but I couldnt stop turning the screw.

What screw are you talking about or do you mean the main fuel double nut stud.

Yes you can try Tom's Idea and I might go 1/2 turn clockwise on the inner nut of the main fuel adjustment.

paulfarber

My truck will not start in winter without the funny gas.

Even during summer (well, now) I HAVE to give it full gas pedal to get it to start.

I can crank for minutes and never start.. mash the gas to the floor and it start in 3 seconds.

Ether is like $3 a can.... an IP is like a grand. I'll stick with the ether.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks